Any TNT method of cleaning oily bottle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I have a narrow bottle that I used for dispensing olive oil, and need to clean it. I have tried vinegar, tried soap and water, tried baking soda . I don't have a long enough brush that reaches the bottom of the bottle. Any ideas what would work?

I clean my hummingbird feeders, which are a similar problem, by putting several pieces of paper towels in the bottle, using soap and water, and a tool made from a wire coat hanger that is bendable and has a hook on one end. Once the interior is scrubbed with the towels and wire, they can be easily fished out with the coat hanger hook.

Dip it in boiling water mixed with a little dishwashing soap!Let the bottle boil for 5 minutes!

You might try using hot soapy water and a couple tablespoons of unpopped popcorn or uncooked rice. Shake and swirl the bottle so that the dry grain swishes all the oil out.

I fill mine with boiling water and foam action bleach. Leave it for 15 mins or so and then wash out with soapy water. I re use my oil bottles for making hot sauce and this work well.

my empty oil bottle was smelling rancid, I hadn't use it in awhile.

Gotcha. ;) This is my olive oil bottle that's constantly refilled.
img_1034465_0_82ea97b31df9b602ae389d1080ef44d5.jpg

I just got two pourers that I had ordered from Amazon this week, so my oil bottle is back in full, non-leaky service. And I have a spare pourer...

pacanis said:
I just got two pourers that I had ordered from Amazon this week, so my oil bottle is back in full, non-leaky service. And I have a spare pourer...

I put my dish liquid soap in a pretty bottle and stick a pourer in it. I leave it by the sink, at the ready, and don't have to dig it out of the counter.

I would get some commercial strength degreaser. Dilute in water and soak the bottle. Seems like overkill, but it does the job, and you will be suprised how many other jobs you will use it for in the future. It won't go to waste, trust me.

i just use an olive oil bottle with the little spout, i also only put half soap and half water in and shake. my bottle is really pretty with filigree on outside picturing a tea table with pot. i love it.

Let me ask, if you have been handling raw chicken and wash your hands afterwards, do you then wash your soap dispensor?

That's why I went automatic. I also have one of those single levers on my sink that I can turn on the water with the top of my forearm. Of course my forearm probably has dog snot all over it :LOL:
It just seems that the less handling of items you have to do to clean up, the better. I'm not anal about cleaning, but I'd just as soon have the soap in my hands and be scrubbing before I actually have to touch anything... hmmm, maybe that is anal :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom