What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carol, I usually have lunch around 12pm...but some days I have it a bit later if I am busy, say around 1.30pm, but mainly 12pm :)

Whereabouts do you live Carol, then I can tell you how far ahead we are here :)

Kylie, I am in the eastern part of US, in Pennsylvania.

Today I am having tuna mornay that I made yesterday...so love tuna mornay :yum:

Kylie, I never heard of Tuna Mornay so I googled it. One of the recipes I found specifically said that it was Australian Cuisine. It looks very good since I also love tuna, but I'm not sure I would like cheddar cheese in it. Maybe if I used a milder cheese, or a lesser amount of cheese. One recipe only called for cheese sprinkled on top before baking. One recipe added pasta, one added rice. How do you do yours?

Kylie, I never heard of Tuna Mornay so I googled it. One of the recipes I found specifically said that it was Australian Cuisine. It looks very good since I also love tuna, but I'm not sure I would like cheddar cheese in it. Maybe if I used a milder cheese, or a lesser amount of cheese. One recipe only called for cheese sprinkled on top before baking. One recipe added pasta, one added rice. How do you do yours?

Hi Carol :)

Yes, tuna mornay is pretty big over here and I love it with shredded cheese on top :yum:

With mine I put the tuna in a large bowl. Boil potatoes and mash them, add them to the tuna. Then make a white sauce with milk and cornflour, add that to the bowl, then add lots of curry powder, add some salt and pepper, stir it all through. Then just spoon it into little casserole dishes and put some shredded cheese on top and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted...very tasty!

Kylie, does the "continent" of Australia have a continental divide? We have one. On the east side of the divide rivers flow from the west to the east. (Toward the Atlantic Ocean) Cross the divide and they flow from the east to the west. (Toward the Pacific Ocean) :angel:

Kylie, does the "continent" of Australia have a continental divide? We have one. On the east side of the divide rivers flow from the west to the east. (Toward the Atlantic Ocean) Cross the divide and they flow from the east to the west. (Toward the Pacific Ocean) :angel:

I must not have been paying much attention in geography class!

back on topic:ROFLMAO: We had corn on the cob it was so sweet and good plus spinach salads with sliced apple form our trees, strawberries, orange slices with a ginger strawberry dressing.
kades

I also just realized that your are winding up winter, there. Right? Our summer is about ready to end.

Yes, that is correct Carol :)

Winter officially ends meteorologically speaking at the end of August, but usually goes into September too :)

Yes, we do Ads, it is called the Great Dividing Range

Great Dividing Range

I don't know if it is breakfast, lunch or supper, but right now I am eating Some Boston baked beans, some leftover heated smoked shoulder and a piece of Italian bread with lots of butter. And a glass of milk. This is my first meal of the day. :angel:

Thanks for the topic reminder, Ma!

Lunch was small nibbles of carrots and celery while I was prepping dinner.

Back
Top Bottom