New Member from Grand Rapids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lavfiler

Assistant Cook
Greetings, good people! I'm Mike from Grand Rapids, 55 year-old lifelong Michigan resident. Am very pleased to be here and look forward to learning, as I have a lot of that to do, with your help. :) Am excited about this new interest of mine, still don't know how to cook much but have the interest in learning. Thank you all for having me over and I hope everyone has a super fine day!

Mike

Hi Mike, Welcome to the forum!! I'm sure you'll pick up loads of helpful hints while you're here - I certainly have so far!

Hi from a fellow Michigander. My eldest daughter and her hubby will soon be moving to Grand Rapids from way up here in Sault Ste. Marie. Glad to have you aboard. This is a great place. And I think we have a disproportionate number of members from Michigan, or who grew up in Michigan, proving that we should be the food capitol of the world.:LOL:

We are a bit crazy, a bit genius, a bit foolish, and a whole lot of fun. And don't listen to those who might call me longwinded. Why once, my papa told me to be quiet. I didn't open my mouth for a week! I nearly starved to death. To get nourishment, I had to stick drinking straws up my nose and pull in soup. It was quite a trick to guide the liquid from my nasal passages into my esophagus. And let me tell you, those chunks of veggies and meat, they can give you a fit of sneezing like nothing else.:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I was finally saved from a life devoid of solid foods by a kindly old lady who saw me pulling soup into my nose. She thought it was so ghastly that she kicked me hard in the shins. When I opened my young mouth to holler, she shoved a fork-full of fried brook trout in my mouth, which I happily chewed. That was when I broke my week long silence and said, "Can I have some more please?"

And if you believe that, you truly must live under the bridge.;)

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed of the North said:
Hi from a fellow Michigander. My eldest daughter and her hubby will soon be moving to Grand Rapids from way up here in Sault Ste. Marie. Glad to have you aboard. This is a great place. And I think we have a disproportionate number of members from Michigan, or who grew up in Michigan, proving that we should be the food capitol of the world.:LOL:

We are a bit crazy, a bit genius, a bit foolish, and a whole lot of fun. And don't listen to those who might call me longwinded. Why once, my papa told me to be quiet. I didn't open my mouth for a week! I nearly starved to death. To get nourishment, I had to stick drinking straws up my nose and pull in soup. It was quite a trick to guide the liquid from my nasal passages into my esophagus. And let me tell you, those chunks of veggies and meat, they can give you a fit of sneezing like nothing else.:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I was finally saved from a life devoid of solid foods by a kindly old lady who saw me pulling soup into my nose. She thought it was so ghastly that she kicked me hard in the shins. When I opened my young mouth to holler, she shoved a fork-full of fried brook trout in my mouth, which I happily chewed. That was when I broke my week long silence and said, "Can I have some more please?"

And if you believe that, you truly must live under the bridge.;)

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

You are so weird! Seriously, gross. I'm never going to admit to being your oldest daughter.

Don't worry Mike, not all of us are that weird (says the girl with the bizzare username). Anyways, welcome to DC!

Wow, thanks for all the friendly replies, ChoclateFrosting, Snip13, (I'm out of my mind too, might not be back in 5 min. tho!), Selkie, Hoot, and Goodweed of the North! I'm very impressed with the warmth and friendliness from all of you! :)

That's a very amusing story, Goodweed, are you a writer too? I have to say this is the most impressively friendly bunch of responses I've ever encountered on any board and I sure want you all to know I really appreciate this very much! I can see now where I'm going to spend a great deal of my internet time. Thank you all again so very much for making me feel so welcome!:):):)

Mike

And thank you, too, purple.alien.giraffe! I have to let you in on a little secret: I'm a little bit crazy m'self! It's alright, tho, it's a very benign sort of craziness. I can see I'm going to be very happily comfortable here!:ROFLMAO:

Mike

Welcome to DC. Jump in anywhere and have fun! You haven't even met half the roster of players, yet. And most of us are goofy!

Hi Mike! This community is by far the most friendly and helpful group of people online... ever! Make yourself at home. I have some family in Grand Rapids as well as the U.P. I look forward to your posts!

Welcome to DC! We have a lot of fun here, and learn lots of stuff too!

Thank you, PrincessFiona60 and snickerdoodle! I'm very pleased to be here! Wow, I understand Goodweed of the North has a daughter and her husband moving to Grand Rapids, and snickerdoodle has family in Grand Rapids too, right where I'm at, who knew? Great! Thank you all for making me feel so welcome here! :):):):)

Mike

Hi dawgluver, I'm mighty glad to know you and the rest of these nice folks! I can readily believe there's a lot of fun here, and I sure do need to learn :chef: and it appears this is a great place to do so. Thanks and I hope you're all having a super great day today! :ROFLMAO:

Mike

Hi Bolas, glad to know you too! How is everything in North Wales? We have sunny, comfortable weather here but we have had a bit of a warm summer, and a lot of rain. I hope we can dry out a while. Thanks all of you great people for the super warm welcome! I feel right to homely-like already! :)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom