Cured, fermented, dried or smoked meats and sausages.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We get German Liverwurst here. Haven't seen Russian but I'll look for it :)

are you having liverwurst or the german braunscweiger, snip? i like the braunscweiger better because of its extra smokey sweet flavor and natural casing. of course, german-made liverwurst itself must be enviably good!:)

Why thank you CharlieD, I will try liverwurst since it's available here :)
I'm not partial to horse meat though and bear is not something I think I'll find or try but liverwurst sounds good.

My favorite way to eat liverwurst is to slice a tomato about an inch thick, then put about half that much liverwurst on top of it, salt and pepper and gobble it up! OMG, what a treat for the mouth! To eat it on the go, I just put the same thing between two slices of homemade bread with some mayo! 5 Nums on the Num Meter!:pig:

My favorite way to eat liverwurst is to slice a tomato about an inch thick, then put about half that much liverwurst on top of it, salt and pepper and gobble it up! OMG, what a treat for the mouth! To eat it on the go, I just put the same thing between two slices of homemade bread with some mayo! 5 Nums on the Num Meter!:pig:

Sounds num num Timmo!

are you having liverwurst or the german braunscweiger, snip? i like the braunscweiger better because of its extra smokey sweet flavor and natural casing. of course, german-made liverwurst itself must be enviably good!:)

We have both, haven't tried either yet but I will try the Braunscweiger as you suggested :) Thanks V!

Russians live on cold cuts. Any russian store, here, has at least 20-30 different kinds of smoked salamies, sauseges, meats, hot dogs, etc, etc.

so do poles. in my neighborhood, there are more types of cured pork than you can imagine!!! i was blown away the first time i went into a local polish deli for "boiled ham" cold cuts. they kinda chuckled at me and asked what i meant by that. there were literally dozens and dozens of types of hams, from all different parts of that magical animal.

ok snip, see if you can get guanciale, or cured pig's cheek. one of my faves, along with bresaola.
think of bresaola as prosciutto, but made from beef.

and thanks jpg for the germanic translation. i have a hard time finding bresaola even in the italian section of my area, so another way to search will be a big help.

oh, and i love hot cappicola or a spicy pepperoni.

try slicing either (large ring size) thin, chop, and mix into scrambled eggs with butter sweated onions for a great breakfast sandwich. yum!

oh, and i love hot cappicola or a spicy pepperoni.

try slicing either (large ring size) thin, chop, and mix into scrambled eggs with butter sweated onions for a great breakfast sandwich. yum!

Thank you for the lovely ideas :)
Bye for now Prince Buckshot?
Princess Never stops talking has posts to make :LOL:

mortadella. it's what i had for breakfast, so good. i think of mortadella as a glorified bologna with large fat globules throughout, and sometimes pistachio nuts. adults tend to like mortadella if you don't mention the fat. kids love mortadella BECAUSE of the globs of fat, and because it's a cool name - mortadella. make sure you get a good brand, perhaps italian. :)

This is a good sausage shop in Athens DSCF0393.jpgI love Croatian bear our boar salami, one of the best air dried hams I have eaten is prsut from drnis.

this reminds me of the old joke, " when a beautiful woman entered his ship, the butcher was so taken with her that he sat on his meat grinder.
he got a little behind in his orders..."

Back
Top Bottom