East Coast Earthquake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TATTRAT

The Dude Abides
Moderator Emeritus
Hope everyone is ok, certainly nothing major, but reminded me of back on Oahu for a second.

Magnitude 5.9 - VIRGINIA

The only damage reported so far

media_httpFamousDCcom_aEwdF.jpg.scaled500.jpg

Apparently I missed it yet again! I happened to be at the grocery store and never felt a thing! No shelves swaying or anything! Back in the early 80's an earthquake hit NE Ohio. I was at the Cleveland Zoo and again didn't feel anything. The one today they are saying was a 5.9 so that is fairly significant. You would have thought it would be noticeable. Everyone on Facebook is commenting from Maryland to South Carolina to Cleveland.

:shock:Well, I WAS a Earthquake virgin, but not now!! I am still shaking, that scared the he11out of me.

Last edited:
We felt it here. We evacuated my office building. I'm home now. Everyone is okay here, just a lot of folks around here shaken up (no pun intended) and traffic is really bad.

This was my 1st earthquake but I work with 2 guys from California who were like " oh, yeah, that's an earthquake." and back to work...

dw went out to get her nails done, and the boy was misbehaving around about that time.

i kept trying to get him to come outside to help me work on the yard, so when I got angry, the earth shook!
it was freakin great timng!

he won't misbehave again for a while, lol.

dw went out to get her nails done, and the boy was misbehaving around about that time.

i kept trying to get him to come outside to help me work on the yard, so when I got angry, the earth shook!
it was freakin great timng!

he won't misbehave again for a while, lol.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

we are ok, thanks for asking, podonell. this quake sure did shake us up, though. even mom, who doesn't react to much of anything these days, felt it viscerally. little actual damage has been reported, considering the size of the quake. checks continue to be done on gas leaks, building structures, etc. nuclear reactors in nearby lake anna were shut down just as a precautionary measure. most of the area school closings are presumably precautionary as well. extreme weather, in the u.s. and around the world in recent times, is every bit as frightening to contemplate as is the threat of terrorism. to me anyway....

A 5.9 shaker on the west coast would hardly make the local news...

Now, all I hear on TV are a bunch of east coast whimps! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom