Dinner Thursday 25th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The plan was for pasta and veg with garlic oo/butter sauce, but the weather forecast is calling for rain today so I may have to make a change and go for something more in the "comfort food" category.

The chicken breast should be thawed today, so last nights plans are now tonight's plans.

Leftover roast chicken in one form or another. I'll probably make myself a quesadilla. SO will probably have a salad or a sandwich.

Just put on a pot of pink-eye purple hulls with bacon and tasso..They are smellin so gooooooood....
Gonna cook up some yellow squash/onions later...the very last from the garden :( ........
Will make a pone of cornbread at the last minute....
Fixin to cut up a chicken to fry. too.......
Maybe a Musgo or two....
Slices of Vidalia onion and tomatoes.....
A small bowl of Blue Bell Chocolate Ice Cream later......
That should do it........

I've got a couple of little 4 oz. fillets of pollack for dinner.

This morning, I'll make up some garlic butter with dill and sherry, put in the dried off fillets, turn them to coat both sides and marinate in the fridge until dinnertime.

I made some fish this way last month and the second half had marinated in the garlic butter overnight. Way better.

Got 4 pork chops and 3 chicken breasts left over from the last 2 nights. I'm thinking leftovers! Have some salad too.

Just put on a pot of pink-eye purple hulls with bacon and tasso..They are smellin so gooooooood....
Gonna cook up some yellow squash/onions later...the very last from the garden :( ........
Will make a pone of cornbread at the last minute....
Fixin to cut up a chicken to fry. too.......
Maybe a Musgo or two....
Slices of Vidalia onion and tomatoes.....
A small bowl of Blue Bell Chocolate Ice Cream later......
That should do it........

Uncle Bob, that description reminds me of Grandpa Jones and his lovely wife Ramona! Do you remember them?

Uncle Bob, that description reminds me of Grandpa Jones and his lovely wife Ramona! Do you remember them?

While Uncle Bob's thinking, I'll chime in to say that when I've seen all the cooking and decorating and police procedurals I can stand, I turn on Hee Haw on Sunday night. Stress-free fun with Grandpa, et al. Junior's such a sweetie.

Going to make my grandson favorite super tonight. Fried pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy. For a vegetable it's green beans. Not sure about dessert yet.

I'm thinking about fish Taco's for tonight. I've never made them, but have eaten them. I found some flash frozen cod chunks at Trader Joes's and it got me to thinkin'. Any advice is welcome here, otherwise I'll wing it at let you know tonight.

I'm thinking about fish Taco's for tonight. I've never made them, but have eaten them. I found some flash frozen cod chunks at Trader Joes's and it got me to thinkin'. Any advice is welcome here, otherwise I'll wing it at let you know tonight.

when i make fish tacos, i cook the fish first. coating of flour,egg and panko crumbs. pan fry. nice crunch on the taco. i like soft corn tortillas so cook them that way. if you have lime , it is good on them. i put cheese on mine, not sure if that is kosher or not. little sour cream, lettuce, (did use shredded cabbage ,but it did not agree with me the last couple of times i eat it. hence the lettuce. i love green taco sauce rather that tomato, cleaner taste i think. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom