Dinner Plans? (Tuesday 30th of August)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
If prepared a kinda boerewors and spicy sweet potato cottage pie :LOL:
I'll pop it in the oven later to brown the bread topping before dinner.

Shrimp, pasta, shallots, roasted red peppers, butter, olive oil, white wine, salt and pepper.

Dunno, my freezer is full again with dinners, so I'll have to work on thinning it down. I know I have some Hamburger Onion Pie in there, so I'll take that out to thaw for dinner tonight.

I may do up a quick chicken parmesan using premade chicken patties. Or maybe baked ziti (really baked penne). We'll see which one wins out come time for supper. I'm in an Italian mood.

On Tuesdays I help out with some elderly friends and don't get home 'til 4 or 5. So I usually just plan on leftovers from the weekend. Today there is some angel hair with fresh tomatoes and basil from yesterday, and some Israeli couscous and pork tenderloin. I'll probably add a salad or a green veg.

I stuffed both long and bell peppers with the pork mix added chicken stock and open roasted to get some charring then added my sour cream paprika sauce. I have just put it back in the oven on low for a few more hours. garden & BBQ 495.jpg

garden & BBQ 496.jpgclic on pic to make super sized:)

Bolas, that looks fantabulous!! I think you just gave me my inspiration for making my Chicken Paprikash tonight. Gotta love it when that Paprika is the star. ;)

Can you share about the meat mixture for your beautiful peppers?

Last edited:
Just picked some Italian sweet frying or stuffing peppers. Will stuff them with some pork that we shredded, will add cream cheese, finely sliced green onions, fresh parsley, Worcestershire, a touch of garlic and some buttered bread crumbs. and shredded swiss cheese. sliced fresh picked tomatoes, Some roasted, on the grill potatoes and an arugula salad just the arugula as is with evoo,salt,prpper and red wine vinegar.Dessert what's that cobbler maybe?
kades

I stuffed both long and bell peppers with the pork mix added chicken stock and open roasted to get some charring then added my sour cream paprika sauce. I have just put it back in the oven on low for a few more hours.
That looks quite good. With all the garden goodies, we've been stuffing all sorts of vegetables lately: peppers, summer and winter squash, tomatoes.

What all is in the sour cream paprika sauce.... well...besides sour cream and paprika? :)

It looks like I already had already eaten the Hamburger Onion Pie, but I did find a huge chunk of a very tasty lasagna instead.

forget it - it's gonna hafta be leftovers. These dang delivery guys STILL aren't here and I will have to babysit them once they get here and keep the dogs off them. Not to worry, not bad dogs, just attention whores.

Beef chop suey over rice and broccoli

Last edited:
We will finish up what I cooked last night to save some food from the freezer. It was still cold but not frozen so I cooked up some ham, sausages, and meatballs stuff with hot peppers. Oh, and the KFC extra crispy that we splurged on Sunday night...

Some baby potatoes, swiss chard and chicken something or other. I haven't decided on breasts or thighs yet. Salad will be fresh greens and grape tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom