Cake mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MochaBean04

Senior Cook
ok, i know i posted this before and i did look through the threads you guys posted bu nothing in them matched the recipe i was looking for. i just watched the All American Cakeoff, thats why im still up at 245 in the morning lol and i saw the "Cake in a Coffee Mug" recipe and the ingredients in it were Unsweetend chocolate, hot fudge and coffee cake mix. Im pretty sure that is what they were with meriange and a cinnamon stick for garnish.

Does any one know of a recipe like this or how to make this> I am so horrible at guessing at recipes and im a culinary student. lol if any one can help. .that would be awesome!!!! thanks

me

the recipe you are looking for came from
2003 Accubake® Unique Cake Contest
here is the link to the top ten recipes...

http://accubake.whirlpool.com/#7

Warm and Fudgy Cappuccino Cup Cakes
By: Deborah Bracker

Ingredients:
1 ½ cups granulated sugar, divided usage
1 cup flour
½ cup creamer
¾ cup brewed espresso or very dark brewed coffee
4 eggs, divided usage
1 ½ cups hot fudge sundae topping at room temperature, divided usage*
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate squares, melted
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
Optional Garnish: fresh grated nutmeg, cinnamon sticks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the inside of each coffee cup with non-stick cooking spray. In small bowl, stir together flour and powdered coffee creamer; set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and 1 cup sugar with electric mixer. Beat in 1 egg, 1 cup fudge sundae topping and melted unsweetened chocolate. Gradually beat in espresso. By hand, stir in flour mixture just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

Fill each coffee cup half full with cake batter. Using remaining ½ cup fudge sundae topping, place a generous dollop of fudge in the center of each coffee cup. Spoon remaining cake batter into cups. Evenly space coffee cups on a sturdy baking sheet. Bake 45-55 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Carefully remove from oven. Cakes will deflate a little.

Divide remaining 3 egg yolks; discard yolks. With electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Spoon meringue over cake in each coffee cup. Return coffee cups to oven. Bake additional 5-7 minutes or until meringue is set. To serve warm, allow cakes to cool 30 minutes before serving. Garnish if desired.
Makes 6 servings.

*NOTE: Do not use low-fat or fat-free hot fudge sundae topping.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom