Beef Top Sirloin Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wallys Mojo

Assistant Cook
I have a 10 pound whole top sirloin roast...I need some ideas as to what I can do with it on the smoker. Would like something with smoked peppers, or maybe a way to make it into a pinwheel log with Bleu cheese. Help!

Wally, welcome to DC.

Since no Smoker Types have chimbed in on this, I'll give a try..

I don't think a Sirloin roast will do well for smoking... it's too lean...

I would cook it hot and fast like a Top Round, then serve it very rare..

in a smoker, I think it will get tough and dry..

You might pm Uncle Bob.. I think his whole back yard is a giant smoker!

Eric, Austin Tx.

Since it's so lean, why not grill it like a London Broil and slice thinly across the grain?

I think you would be better off grilling or pan frying the sirloin. Probably too lean to benefit from low-and-slow on the smoker. Would also be really good braised...smothered steak style.

If I was determined to smoke it, I'd inject it with Italian salad dressing, rub some dry Italian mix on the outside, and set it in a pan with some beef broth and maybe a little wine. Smoke it for a couple hours, then foil and bring it up to 140F.
And it would probably still be dry, but shaved thin with the juice and it might be good.

If I was determined to smoke it, I'd inject it with Italian salad dressing, rub some dry Italian mix on the outside, and set it in a pan with some beef broth and maybe a little wine. Smoke it for a couple hours, then foil and bring it up to 140F.
And it would probably still be dry, but shaved thin with the juice and it might be good.
You pretty much hit that one on the nose, that sounds like the perfect way to o prepare the smoked sirloin

Not Top Sirloin for Smoking

That's is consider not a Primal Cut but its great for Marinating and Low Heat...Tender and a nice Beef Flavor...

Smoking any Beef Protein will become tough especially Top Round...

IMO...

Wally, welcome to DC.

Since no Smoker Types have chimbed in on this, I'll give a try..

I don't think a Sirloin roast will do well for smoking... it's too lean...

I would cook it hot and fast like a Top Round, then serve it very rare..

in a smoker, I think it will get tough and dry..

You might pm Uncle Bob.. I think his whole back yard is a giant smoker!

Eric, Austin Tx.

Could you oven smoke it or tea smoke it? I personally would roast it or try pac's method. Folks I knew who did not like the taste of venison used to marinate roasts/steaks/chops in It. dressing first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom