Dinner Sat.Sept.10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
didn't see a thread for dinner today so started one. i don't know about tonight yet. going to b'day party at four. don't know if food will be served. cake and ice cream for sure.

Pasta - type and sauce are still undecided.

Breakfast was Taylor ham (pork roll), buttermilk biscuits (Pillsbury) and over easy eggs.

img_1047462_0_314522b786bb4dd818735b631a0bb646.jpg

That looks good MsM. I had a big breakfast too.

Steve won't be home until tomorrow and I did two gorgeous big pork chops last night, so I'll heat up the other one tonight.
It's actually raining right now and that makes me want soup. I have some fresh broccoli and some cheese.......hmmm, cream of cheese broccoli soup sounds like a great side.

Hey, are those though frozen biscuits Msm?. I had some of those the other day under my creamed chicken. Those things rock. So much more convenient when cooking for one than the tube.

I might have grilled chicken wings tonight. Still not really hungry.

I've thawed the rest of my beef stew, and a frozen package of mashed potatoes with carrots and dill. Maybe I'll make some drop biscuits to sop up the gravy.

I made the stew using my latest stock which was very rich as it had been used for several "generations". I went ahead and used it all, and made a large amount of gravy for the stew, then put a couple of containers of the gravy back in the freezer, leaving just enough for the stew.

We just came home from a 3-hour ride on the Harley. Beautiful day and our destination for our ride was a local dairy bar that serves awesome foot-long chili dogs, which is what Glenn had in mind for tonight's supper.

We feasted on the yummy dogs and had something perfectly sweet and decadent from the dairy part. We're full. Had a good ride and no one has to make a meal or clean up. Is that a deal, or what?!!!!!

Sounds like a great deal to me Katie!

About that broccoli soup because it was raining.....it stopped raining but the soup is on the stove. I cooked the broccoli in some Swansons chicken broth and added a can of cream of potato soup, then I used my stick blender on it, and added some instant potato buds to make it thicker. After that, I threw in a handful of grated sharp cheddar cheese, and a couple of dashes of Tobasco Sauce. Durn good quick and easy soup, if I do say so myself. ;):chef:

I spent the afternoon making cookies and browning up hamburger for the freezer. I'm going to take some of the hamburger and make taco filling then use crescent rolls and make a filled taco ring. Have some cheesy rice left over that will get heated up and lettuce for some salads.

That looks good MsM. I had a big breakfast too.

Steve won't be home until tomorrow and I did two gorgeous big pork chops last night, so I'll heat up the other one tonight.
It's actually raining right now and that makes me want soup. I have some fresh broccoli and some cheese.......hmmm, cream of cheese broccoli soup sounds like a great side.

That you K.

Hey, are those though frozen biscuits Msm?. I had some of those the other day under my creamed chicken. Those things rock. So much more convenient when cooking for one than the tube.

I might have grilled chicken wings tonight. Still not really hungry.

Nope they are the Pillsbury in the tube. I have 4 people so 1 tube is good amount.

That you K.

Nope they are the Pillsbury in the tube. I have 4 people so 1 tube is good amount.

I'm hoping I get better shelf life from the freezer biscuits. It seems everytime I pick up a tube or two, by the time I go to use one they are expired. Not much of a shelf life. Of course, the frozen variety might get freezer burned... so we'll see. It was nice though pulling out three biscuits for dinner and not having to eat biscuits the next few days :)

Orange/Curry Salmon with couscous. Skipping the vegetables tonight.

the b'day party had good eats. bbq chicken, chinese noodle salad, mac and cheese. various dips and chips and hot dog for the kids. had a great time. this cold is really starting to grate on me so came home early. having iced tea with vodka, reading and going to bed early.

the b'day party had good eats. bbq chicken, chinese noodle salad, mac and cheese. various dips and chips and hot dog for the kids. had a great time. this cold is really starting to grate on me so came home early. having iced tea with vodka, reading and going to bed early.

Doesn't iced tea keep you awake? I know if I have any caffeine after 6 pm it makes me toss and turn. I hope it didn't affect you that way, it would be cruel to not be able to sleep when you already don't feel good.

I hope you feel better soon, Babe.

Doesn't iced tea keep you awake? I know if I have any caffeine after 6 pm it makes me toss and turn. I hope it didn't affect you that way, it would be cruel to not be able to sleep when you already don't feel good.

I hope you feel better soon, Babe.

thanks for the good wishes. i make it with crystal lite decaf. i too can not drink caffeine after 5 or 6. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom