Menu for Thursday Sep 15, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Today's menu will include hand formed burgers on the grill. These will be served on a crusty roll with melted cheese, condiments and a side of mac and cheese and a tossed garden salad.

Sadly, dessert options are in short supply.

Toying with the idea of building a campfire, and cooking a backbone stew....Then the little brown-eyed girl has chicken breast thawing...Think she has Chicken Tarragon on her mind...
One of those for supper for sure.........

That sounds tasty, Andy.
My menu is open. I just may run out for some hamburger and buns myself.

McCormick Beef Stew enhanced with mostly beef stock as liquid, a couple of bay leaves, fresh chopped thyme, oregeno, potato and the inevitable onion, carrot and celery mirepoix. I will also try the JOC White Bread+ recipe again and bake a loaf and bread sticks. Possibly a slaw or salad to accompany as well.

Today's menu will include hand formed burgers on the grill. These will be served on a crusty roll with melted cheese, condiments and a side of mac and cheese and a tossed garden salad.
Sadly, dessert options are in short supply.
love your menu. hand formed burgers on a hot sizzling grill and all the fixins, so appropriate for a warm summer dinner today.

DH is having a CT scan this afternoon so will be with him at the hospital until around 5pm. I put some pulled chicken in the crockpot and will have chicken sandwiches. I may make some corn pudding when I get home and possibly some salads. I'll stop and pick up some nice buns for the sandwiches on the way home.

mmmm, I haven't made Swedish meatballs in a while... or any kind of balls.

Well let's see. I had a bowl of gumbo at 10:00 this morning. Then a cheese sandwich around 2:00. I do have three whole Cajun wings in the fridge leftover from the other night. And some of the Louisiana Style Lil Smokies leftover... I think tonight will be hodgepodge leftovers. Maybe I'll grill some potato wedges to go along, with some fresh grated parm over them.

Hellacious day. Need to cook me something.

Making mushroom soup with last fall's hen of the woods and sliced buttons with homegrown shallots and LOTS of sherry.

Hellacious day. Need to cook me something.

Making mushroom soup with last fall's hen of the woods and sliced buttons with homegrown shallots and LOTS of sherry.

I love mushroom soup! Save some of that sherry for a glass Dawg!! :winkiss:

We're having the rest of that chicken from last night.......dang, that $4.00 chicky was nearly six pounds!! It had been a long time since I made that recipe, and with pieces that big, it really needed to cook longer. The sauce is wonderful with the sherry, mushrooms and artichoke hearts. Need to make more jasmine rice and we're set.

Cajun wings, parm wedges, lil smokies. A little bit of everything. Lot's of room in the fridge now :)

Attachments

• wings & wedges 9-15-11.jpg
    wings & wedges 9-15-11.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 145
  • dinner 9-15-11.jpg
    dinner 9-15-11.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 145
Tonight's Dinner.

That's a 10 ounce beef burger with cheddar cheese and several slices of Genoa salami under the cheese. Dressed with mayo, tomato and shallots. A Samuel Adams Octoberfest was helpful in washing it down.

Attachments

• DSC02155.jpg
    DSC02155.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 144
Good grief Pac!! You gonna eat all that? I have a little plate here and I'll treat those pictures like a Happy Hour. Wana beeer?

Every last bit :pig:
I could have used a beer. I had to wash it down with a Dr Pepper :(

Salami on a burger. I'll have to remember that. It looks great, Andy. Perfect melted cheese.

Back
Top Bottom