Monday, Sep 19 - What's On The Menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be grilling some corn on the Ducane this evening.
That's as far as my plans have gotten.

We're going to do brats here. I have a lot of Snip's pap tert left over so will heat that up as the side. Not sure if I'll add anything else at the moment though.

I was rooting around in the freezer looking for some ham and saw this big yellowfin tuna steak sitting there, so I think I'll have that tonight with the corn.

*Finally* got the Lamb's Breast into the Crock Pot!

Simmering in just enough water to cover.

Added 1/2 cup lime juice, 1/4 EVOO, 6 cloves of garlic, mesquite seasonings, some adobo sauce and 2 adobo chilies.

I put it on a 10 hour low and slow cook. About 4 hours before it's done, I'll add some stew veggies.

Yum! The house will smell so good later.

I just put a roaster full of sauerkraut and country ribs in the oven. I love to eat my sauerkraut on mashed potatoes, with some buttered bread on the side.:)

Seriously, is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of folks stop eating around here? :wacko:

Beef and Barley Soup- Freezer Meal

I have been battling issues and now suffering bad reaction to medication. I have not been "Cooking".

Sorry to hear that, Patty. Maybe the soup will perk you up.
Must be a bug going around, or maybe I missed folks vacations they said they were taking. I know I missed Snips moving because I don't follow the venting thread.

Lots of beef and barley talk here today. I'll have to make myself some beef and barley soup very soon.

I made chicken barley soup in the CP yesterday, good, but it was missing a little sumpen' sumpen'. I think I will Mexify it, maybe add some Rotel with lime and cilantro and/or habaneros, and serve with corn chips.

Ha! Just added a couple packets of Sauzon, that fixed it right up! Sodium rocks!

Last edited:
Tonight will be omelets for supper! I have some left over ham and some cheddar cheese. I stopped and got some bagels on the way home to go with them. Just felt like having breakfast. We will have OJ and hot tea too!

Tonight I have a stuffed chicken roasting in the oven along with 3 jumbo baked potatoes. The sides will be Zartaran's wild rice and a can of Bush pinto beans.

pacanis said:
Thread killer.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of folks stop eating around here? :wacko:

See what happens when you get out your pom-pons, Pac? More posts!

I don't cook as much when I go back to work. Weekends are about it till June.

Last edited:
Bummer Dawg. You've gotta leave work early or something during the week :LOL:

This was my dinner, along with some grilled corn.

Attachments

• grilled tuna dinner4.jpg
    grilled tuna dinner4.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 183
Back
Top Bottom