TGIFriday 9/23 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I cooked up an alligator/pork sausage this morning, (275° for 1 hour.)

I sliced up half of the 1/3# link and added it to scrambled eggs with processed Swiss cheese.

Does it taste like chicken? No. It seems to have a taste all it's own. It's stronger, maybe even a little gamey, but rich and good!!!

The andouille sausage appeared to be cooked, so I sliced up a half link, and tasted a piece. It's very good too.

I decided to use the other rib eye steak for beef stew. I fried it up like a regular steak, and when it cools, I'll cut it up with my kitchen shears and start the stew using fresh carrots, onion, celery and potatoes in some stock from the freezer. My fresh thyme could stand a haircut, so I'll use that and a bay leaf.

For dinner, I'm oven frying some breaded chicken pieces I bought. The stew will be better for dinner tomorrow.

I'm also going to do something with the zucchini I got too. Probably stuffed with sausage/cornbread stuffing I found in the freezer while rearranging to make room for all the new food.

What's cooking at your place?:chef:

Last edited:
I've got a hankerin' for steak and eggs. I think that's what I'll have for lunch and tonight I'll heat up some mac & cheese or something.

Good morning,

Cloudy, rainy, humid day here. Perfect day for a pot of chili. So we'll have chili with all the fixings and I'll make a pan of cheddar buttermilk cornbread.

Zhizara- glad to hear that you liked the gator sausage. I was talking to my sister about it and she said she had a gator burger in Florida once. She said it was good.

I'm making beef chop suey over rice, iced tea and Ben & Jerry's Schweddy Balls ice cream. I'll let you know how good the ice cream is. We're looking forward to it if we can stop laughing long enough to eat it.

I have a lot of chicken left over from sandwiches the other night. I'm thinking of refashioning it into chicken tacos. I'll add some salsa to the chicken and heat it up. Have lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and cheese with soft shells.

Tonight we'll be going out for dinner... Chicken Hibachi night with no mushrooms! Should be delicious, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :)

Sometimes a big lunch is nice. I cooked the steak in a CI skillet just for something different. And to smoke up the house :LOL:

Attachments

• steak & eggs.jpg
    steak & eggs.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 215
Reheating fried chicken from the freezer, then trying a new recipe -- chopped cabbage, onion, bacon. No ground-breaking combo here. And a buttered slice of Arnold's double-fiber bread. Had Kashi high-fiber cereal for breakfast. Welcome to the golden years.

tinlizzie said:
Reheating fried chicken from the freezer, then trying a new recipe -- chopped cabbage, onion, bacon. No ground-breaking combo here. And a buttered slice of Arnold's double-fiber bread. Had Kashi high-fiber cereal for breakfast. Welcome to the golden years.

Too funny, TL!

I thought it might be, I just never heard of Sour Cream on Fried Potatoes, Ketchup yes, all day long.:chef:

Not all day long here, just for breakfast potatoes :LOL:
Sour cream on home fries is something an ex GF introduced to me and has stood the test of time... moreso than she did ;) I love the flavor, especially with bits of caramelized onions.

Sounds good to me. If it's good on baked potatoes, I'll bet its extra good with fried potatoes and onions!

Sounds good to me. If it's good on baked potatoes, I'll bet its extra good with fried potatoes and onions!

I was going to say, it packs more of a flavor wallup on fried potatoes than it does on baked ones :)

pacanis said:
Sometimes a big lunch is nice. I cooked the steak in a CI skillet just for something different. And to smoke up the house :LOL:

An unsmoked home is just a house. Looks great, Pac!

The P.F. in P.F. Chang must stand for Pretty Foul!! We tried the pepper steak and it is disgusting!! It gave me a stomach ache after only 4 bites. YUCK

Back
Top Bottom