ISO uses for boiled chicken from stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
What can I do with the boiled chicken from the stock....it's been simmering quite a bit, so it'll be good and cooked...Thanks in advance for your advice DC'rs!!!!

The first thing that came to my mind is to chop some of it up, season it and use it in chicken tacos. Then you could make a nice creamed chicken dish over noodles or rice. There's also the possibility of making chicken croquettes. I've also made a nice thick chicken soup and added a good portion of the cooked chopped chicken to it, along with all the veggies, etc.

There are certainly more possibilities, but these are the ones I initially thought of.

I have found that the meat that goes into my stock ends up very bland and kinda.. bleh.

I pitch it.

I take my chicken out when it is done, but not overcooked. I strip the meat off the bones and freeze; then I throw the bones back into the stock if more flavor is needed.

I take the chicken out before it gets overdone, and I usually grill it. It puts a little crunch on the outside and it stays super juicy on the inside. It's my favorite way to do legs and thighs. I have made it the chicken into soup, made chicken salad, but most times I just eat it. There are several reasons I do this the first being, I don't have a disposable food budget, and I make my own stock as a cost cutting measure. That means that any veggies or herbs getting close to expiration, chicken and some onions have a nice bubbly bath. The second is that I can kill two birds with one stone, what results is several cups of stock and 2 meals.

I take my chicken out when it is done, but not overcooked. I strip the meat off the bones and freeze; then I throw the bones back into the stock if more flavor is needed.

I take the chicken out before it gets overdone, and I usually grill it. It puts a little crunch on the outside and it stays super juicy on the inside. It's my favorite way to do legs and thighs. I have made it the chicken into soup, made chicken salad, but most times I just eat it. There are several reasons I do this the first being, I don't have a disposable food budget, and I make my own stock as a cost cutting measure. That means that any veggies or herbs getting close to expiration, chicken and some onions have a nice bubbly bath. The second is that I can kill two birds with one stone, what results is several cups of stock and 2 meals.

This is the right way to go. Simmering chicken for the hours required to extract the flavors and gelatin from the bones with grossly overcook the meat. All the moisture and flavor will be gone.

So simmer for the time needed to cook the meat to the proper temp then remove the meat from the bones and return the bones to the pot for the rest of the simmer time. Use the juicy and flavorful meat as you would any cooked chicken.

This is the right way to go. Simmering chicken for the hours required to extract the flavors and gelatin from the bones with grossly overcook the meat. All the moisture and flavor will be gone.

So simmer for the time needed to cook the meat to the proper temp then remove the meat from the bones and return the bones to the pot for the rest of the simmer time. Use the juicy and flavorful meat as you would any cooked chicken.

Y'all are absolutely right. I was on autopilot when I answered. I, too, remove my chicken before it becomes chicken "stuff" and return the bones to the pot for further cooking.

buffalo chicken dip!

gotta run right now, but i'll post a link later. unless someone else can find it for me.:)

Another advantage of not overcooking the chicken is that it is extra delicious having exchanged flavors with the stock. It's juicy and very flavorful. Don't waste it.

If it isn't over cooked, pot pies. Make a bunch of filling and freeze in the appropriate portions.

thanks andy.

if it's possible, could one of the staff change the title of the recipe to just read "buffalo chicken dip"? it really shouldn't be credited to me.

thanks frank.

and lol, pac. literally. i let out a laugh that made my molluccan scream, then my grey told him to shut the f up, which made me laugh again, which repeated the whole exercise.:LOL:

I made a few chicken kreplach......they were deelish
AAAAAAAH Kreplach.
Ella cant you get boiling fowl in Canada ? the ones we get here take about six hrs to get tender, I use some of the stock and meat for soup and matzo balls. The old birds meat is still full of flavor so the next day I make chicken and mushroom pie:)

Back
Top Bottom