Wednesday September 28th What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
Tonight we'll be having a pizza that we bought pre-made from Sam's Club...

What's on your Dinner menu?

Do any of you shop at Sam's Club? If so what's your favorite things to buy there?

I will be going out for lunch and have no plans yet for dinner.
Right now I'm concentrating too much on where to go for lunch. Hopefully I will get some dinner inspirations here throughout the day.

Just asking myself this very question. We want to go to town for lunch, so want nothing heavy for supper. My little gray cells are empty. I recently cleaned the fridge (the major kind where you take out all the drawers/shelves/intake and scrub) and am realizing how many Asian condiments I have. So maybe a stir fry of some sort.

I have some breaded chicken patties that I'll bake up and we'll have them on potato rolls with chips and salads. I bought a small container of Brussels sprouts that I'll fix as well. I've not cooked them before so it's an experiment. In the past, I've not cared for them but recently tried them again and found that my tastes have changed and so I'm going to try it out and see if I can add them to my repertoire of green veggies (peas, green beans, asparagus, broccoli) for some variety.

I've become a big fan of B sprouts, jabbur. They are one of my favorite veggies now.

We don't shop at Sam's Club as we have a Costco and Trader Joe's nearby.
Dinner will be Chinese inspired meatballs braised in a sauce. Probably white rice and stir fried snap peas to go with.

Leftover Thai curry with a Thai cucumber salad. The DH is coming to the farm to collect his quota of FRESH eggs to take back to the city. I've been working since midnight, off and on, granted, and I'm aiming to be done by 2. I roasted tomatoes this morning (at 4:00 a.m. to avoid the "high" electricity rates) so I have to finish the sauce before lights out tonight.

I have no plans which is why I'm reading this thread. I will be copying off of one of you. :) ... I have no motivation to cook, shop, go out or do much of anything. Ever have one of those days? I am just getting over some flu bug so even soup isn't agreeing with me. Where's my pillow? I'm heading back to bed. Pleasant Dreams!

I don't feel like cooking today, I just took a look at the fridge, and I think I'll throw some butter and pancetta (bacon Italian style) in a pan, fry them, then boil some rice, add it to the pan and top it with a decent amount of grated pecorino cheese. I never tried this before and I hope it will not go directly in the garbage...

Last edited:
I don't feel like cooking today, I just took a look at the fridge, and I think I'll throw some butter and pancetta (bacon Italian style) in a pan, fry them, then boil some rice, add it to the pan and top it with a decent amount of grated pecorino cheese. I never tried this before and I hope it will not go directly in the garbage...

Hmmm...the Italian version of poutine?

I just had a monster calizone for lunch. And it was delicious. Surprised the heck out of me. The person I ate with suggested the place to me. If I eat anything tonight for dinner it will be something "light". By my standards.

photo.jpg

I cooked some Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffins this afternoon (first time ever to make the muffins) and I've got to admit their delicious. And I normally hate banana bread, and normally just cook it for DH but finally I made one that I also like :ROFLMAO:

luca, do you have any fresh veggies like peas or asparagus? your pancetta riso sounds good, but it needs something green.

lol pac. light for you? a small cinder block is light for you.

i just finished food shopping and picked up special store made hot italian sausage and brasciole. it's in a primarily italian neighborhood so i hope it's as good as the last time i shopped here. how can you go wrong with fatty pork, cheese, and herbs simmered in fresh, garden tomato sauce?

Although, I am not Jewish, I am having a mini Rosh Hashanah meal. I am going to be having apples and challah dipped in honey, Honey baked chicken, butternut squash, cooked carrots, and an apple kugel. It is going to be tasty.

lol pac. light for you? a small cinder block is light for you.

Now now... :LOL:

Yeah, light. I just saw a broccoli crown in the crisper, so may just have that for dinner... blanched and sautéed in some EVOO, with some fresh grated parm on top... maybe some diced bacon and red pepper flakes added as well... slivered almonds... light :blink:

Back
Top Bottom