What's for Dinner Saturday October 1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Ribs, rice, a salad to be named later, sauteed zucchini and tomatoes from the garden, and for dessert...spice cake with brown sugar fudge icing! Happy Birthday to my MIL.

I need to grill something. I just don't know what it will be. It is beautiful today, and grill is calling to me.:angel:

United States Senate Bean Soup??? :huh: Should I know what this is?

It is a bean soup that is served daily in the US Senate dining room. Google it for the recipe and variations. It provides our Senators with plenty of gas to get through the day!

It is a bean soup that is served daily in the US Senate dining room. Google it for the recipe and variations. It provides our Senators with plenty of gas to get through the day!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks. That made my day...even though I had to clean the tea off of the computer.

I will look up the soup though. Fall weather makes me want soup! I love bean soup.

Aunt Bea said:

Where's the Like button? So true, Aunt Bea!

This morning I looked up a small, new (to me) European Bakery and came home with a loaf of unsliced rye/no seeds. For lunch had liverwurst, onion, and mayo on the rye, which turned out quite tasty with a nice chewy crust, and a cold light beer. So tonight I get the salad I usually have for lunch, probably with a pan-toasted swiss on rye.

:LOL:Bea's bean soup remark:LOL:

Hi there friends!!:chef:
I'm on the ship's computer off the coast of Bar Harbor Maine, so I had to drop by and say Howdy after checking my email. We pulled into port this morning to very dense fog but we were tendered to shore, as I didn't want to leave here without the first Lobster Roll of my life. It was faaaannnnnntastic!!:D Boy howdy, you folks in this neck of the woods sure have a handle on some good eats!! This LR must have been stuffed with the meat of a whole lobster....not exactly budget food but what a treat!!

Don't know what's on the menu for dinner in the dining room tonight. I know for sure it won't be better than that Bar Harbor Lobster Roll this afternoon!!
Miss you guys....be back home in a few days. :flowers:

I picked up a nice steak--I'm going to grill it on my water grill. Fresh potatoes from the garden tossed with parsley, the last of the lettuce in a salad, and a nice glass of Merlot--notice no FRESH eggs on the menu tonight, I had an egg sandwich for lunch <g>.

I'm on the ship's computer off the coast of Bar Harbor Maine, so I had to drop by and say Howdy after checking my email. We pulled into port this morning to very dense fog but we were tendered to shore, as I didn't want to leave here without the first Lobster Roll of my life. It was faaaannnnnntastic!!:D Boy howdy, you folks in this neck of the woods sure have a handle on some good eats!! This LR must have been stuffed with the meat of a whole lobster....not exactly budget food but what a treat!!

Don't know what's on the menu for dinner in the dining room tonight. I know for sure it won't be better than that Bar Harbor Lobster Roll this afternoon!!

Kayelle, my Atlanta stepdaughter just arrived home on Wednesday from her vacation to Bar Harbor. She, too, had her first lobster roll & just loved it. She also endorsed a goat cheese from the local Seal Cove Farm. If you get a chance to shop some, you might like to try their goat cheese with rosemary. I think they have farm tours -- Google their website.

You lucky duck.

Not sure yet. Either grilled chicken wings or grilled shrimp enchiladas with molé. I'm leaning towards the wings, since I can cook those with my eyes closed.

Between left overs and mozzarella cheese and Mariana Sauce from the freezer, I made Italian Bread Onion and Mushroom pizza. It hit the spot.:chef:

We ended up grilling steaks. Sure did hit the spot. We had sweet potato fries too! Just a simple meal. We ended with a root beer float. Beautiful, warm day. Don't know how many more of those we will have before the snow flies, so we took advantage and grilled out. I love the "fall food" too, but not ready yet.

Bar Harbor is one of my favorite places on earth. Grew up going there every summer, still make it back there when I visit family back home in Maine.

There is so much good food in that town.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom