Chocolate Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharonT

Sous Chef
Chocolate Cobbler
2 sticks butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup milk
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa
2 cups boiling water

Preheat oven to 350º. In 9 x 13 glass baking dish, melt the 2 sticks of butter in the oven. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the 1¼ cups sugar, flour, vanilla and milk. Once the butter is melted, pour the batter over the butter, but don’t stir.
In a separate bowl, mix the cocoa and sugar together and sprinkle on top of the batter (don’t stir). Pour the 2 cups boiling water on top of that (don’t stir) and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.

Looks interesting ... Do you pour the boiling water all over the top or just around the edges?

I am SO going to make this. It sounds like something fun to make with my grandsons! Kind of an experiment for them with great results for u's all I am sure. Thanks. I will copy and paste this one for sure.

I just pour it slowly all over. It looks a mess when it goes in the oven. I scoffed the first time I saw it -- but it is crazy good and chocolate wonderfulness.

I would be scared the the hot pan will explode when the cooler ingredients hit it but I bet it is worth the risk! I will probably try this one! Thanks!

I just re-read and the cooler ingredients are pretty small and mixed with solids. No fear!

yeah, weird things can happen with those Pyrex baking dishes. But I've never had a mishap with this recipe, and have made it at least 20 times.

Back
Top Bottom