What's Cooking Sat Oct 8?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I've got a mad taste for some red gravy, so tonight's dinner will be puttanesca over gnocchi with garlic bread. Maybe a salad, too... or not... undecided so far, but the puttanesca is a go.

And you?

Left overs. Concert is at 3pm so won't get home until after 5pm and will need to be back for evening concert at 7pm. Spaghetti, ham and beans, chicken tacos.

We have a hankerin' for shrimp and grits and our October issue of Southern Living magazine arrived just in time with what sounds like a yummy recipe. We'll have that, a tossed salad and more of the Swedish nut cake.

It's a beautiful day here so no matter what we have it'll be just fine.

Don't know what I will make. May need to go to fall food. It is snowing pretty good right now.

We're having apple cider-maple glazed ham, the last bit of broccoli from the garden, oven-roasted potatoes, marinated veggies (peppers, tomatoes, onions) and wild-rice blueberry cupcakes/muffins iced with cream cheese frosting. I'll try to remember to take pics if I can keep the DH away from his plate long enough. He's shingling the roof, so he'll be famished.

This morning I picked up a rack of spareribs trimmed to St Louis. I'll be cooking it in the new Cobb grill.
Plus some grilled Asian style chicken wings, grilled vegis, and steamed rice for this evening. We've also got a couple of bottles of cheap wine from Trader Joe's.

It was summer all week until Thursday, then one day of fall on Friday before winter hit. Ok. May need to do winter food today. I will try to keep up!

Tonight it's seared scallops, parm and spinach souffle, greek meatball soup / avgolemono, brie with olive rosemary sourdough, evoo and herbs for dipping... we're having a nice dinner, in, with a nice bottle of wine.

Tomorrow is turkey day for us at Mom's.

So far I have just made cookies, still don't know what to have for supper tonight!

I'm working on the recipe for the wild rice blueberry cupcakes. I cooked the wild rice with a cinnamon stick, a bit of vanilla-flavored instant coffee, and more vanilla. I want to use some of the wild rice flour I brought back from MN...and the cider-maple glaze mix is cooling. Still trying to decide if I should stud the ham with cloves or not.

CWS4322 said:
I'm working on the recipe for the wild rice blueberry cupcakes. I cooked the wild rice with a cinnamon stick, a bit of vanilla-flavored instant coffee, and more vanilla. I want to use some of the wild rice flour I brought back from MN...and the cider-maple glaze mix is cooling. Still trying to decide if I should stud the ham with cloves or not.

Oh...I wish I had a ham! Instead I took a nice plump roasting chicken out of the freezer. That should work! Now I might need to make bread or rolls.

I'm defrosting a couple of rib eye steaks for the grill. I 'll do some roasted reds along side. Not sure what I'll do fr a veggie. Maybe toss some zucchini on the grill.

An enormous roast beast, corn on the cob, baby potatoes with butter and chives (and sour cream if you MUST), caesar salad and for dessert...um...not sure. I've made the chocolate tart and the apple pie and I'm toying with the idea of a crustless cheesecake. That might be dessert tonight. I've got a bunch of strawberries that were icky so they are now in a pot with a pile of sugar on low. Topping for a cheesecake? Maybe!

Don't know what I will make. May need to go to fall food. It is snowing pretty good right now.

Snow?!? I'm in Canada and it's not even snowing here yet ! :ohmy:

I changed my mind again, i'll make some spiral pasta with a pink sauce :) That's my technical description for it LOL

Back
Top Bottom