Do you read your appliance manuals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
I read the manuals from start to finish specially when waiting at an appointment or at a train stations...

Do you read your appliance manuals?

Only if there's something specific I want to know and can't figure out. I used to though.

I do, then I file them away, forget about what I read, then have to dig them out when something goes wrong.

Probably a good idea to keep them in a place where you can find them again if you need them!

Then I realize I said "them" five times in two sentences.

Last edited:
I read the manuals, assembly directions. I'm geeky that way.

I'm reminded of the world of computers in business. The computer techs had a favorite acronym as a response to users who asked stupid questions - RTFM

Yes. My husband never does. I'm not just talking kitchen stuff. The latest was that he did something to screw up his remote control and couldn't get it back to work. I waited a couple of days and it took me a few hours, but I finally got it to work again. I really was an electronics tech in the Air Force almost 40 years ago, but with him looking over my shoulder every minute, I can't do a darned thing. So he woke up one morning with everything working. Roll of eyes. Part of the problem is that nowadays the instructions for many things are written in what a friend calls "Chinglish", that is to say, someone wrote the instructions in Chinese, someone else translated it, and then no one can actually read the instructions. But I still try to read it and figure it out.

My latest truck came with two manuals and a CD.
I call the salesman if I need to know something and wait for him to call back :mrgreen:

I will admit though, I did read enough of my KA manual to know my attachments were DW safe ;)

I read all manuals and they are filed away alphabetically...I do need to go through them at times to get rid of the guides to appliances/electronics I no longer own.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I read all manuals and they are filed away alphabetically...I do need to go through them at times to get rid of the guides to appliances/electronics I no longer own.

Is that what organized looks like? I'm impressed. I wish I could bring myself to be that organized.

You bet I do, and since I have a mind like a sieve I read them more than once! lol! We built a house about 6 years ago and I still have to check the manual when I want to use the convection features of the convection/microwave. My old microwave was one of the first Amana Radar Ranges(ancient, I know) so the convection bit was new to me. Also have to check the front load washer manual occasionally.

Yep, before ever turning a device on, I read the manual cover to cover. I have quite a collection of them. Over the years, each of them has been referenced several times.

Many of today's appliances and gadgets aren't even packaged with an adequate manual, just a list of liability disclaimers like, "do not operate while taking a bath." I hate that, it's lazy manufacturing with no regard to product pride or customer service.

I read and keep all my manuals. For big ticket appliances, I register them to activate their warranties.

I do, then I file them away, forgetting about what I'd read, then have to dig the manual out when something goes wrong.

Probably a good idea to keep important info like that in a place where you can find it quickly, in case of emergency.

fixed it.

sorry, i'm bored.:mellow:

Last edited:
I read through them, then file them in a magazine file, not in alphabetical order, but (you'll laugh) by room. All the kitchen stuff together, the family room stuff together, etc.

I read through them, then file them in a magazine file, not in alphabetical order, but (you'll laugh) by room. All the kitchen stuff together, the family room stuff together, etc.

I, too, file them by purpose. I know which file to grab when the fridge dies, for example, because it is there with the stove, microwave, toaster, etc. The stereo, computer, etc stuff is together. I do read them, but mostly I have a man I call computer guy who does all my electronics, so I can pull them out for him if he needs them.

Back
Top Bottom