Another new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soma

Senior Cook
So happy to have found this place! Looking forward to meeting all you foodies who love to cook, experiment, share.

I'm 64, female, happily married, living on a country road in Canada at the edge of a wilderness forest, blessed with a beaver pond in 'my' backyard (the beavers think this property is theirs, and they tolerate us humans)....visited by deer, raccoons, all manner of birds and water fowl, a few black bears (new to the area), sometimes otters, muskrats, there is also tell of a larger wildcat sighting now and then. I may bore you with photos from time to time....may I?

I live with a husband and two cats, who strayed into my heart and home.

The main hat-job I wear these days is as a soapmaker, but this is mainly because it's too difficult to make and sell food...due to legalities, restrictions, mandates etc....

Soap bar selling seems to have fewer laws and restrictions against it (so far). When it gets too red-tapey, I'll stop selling it. But for now, customers clamor for it, even show up at my door, making life .....interesting, fun.

but FOOD is my passion. Yours too, it seems, so it's great to meet you all.

Welcome to DC, I too, am owned by two cats and a husband. I would love to be bored by your pictures. I live in Western Montana.

I learned many years ago how to make soap from my Grandmother, she and I were the only one's with an interest, so when she passed I lost my partner in crime.

Welcome! Nose around and you'll see several places to post pictures. We love pix!

There are those who think of Florida as Paradise, which it is in its own way; but you have described the northern version. Would love to see any pictures. And feel free to share how the soapmaking goes.

Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom