Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Vegetables (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Dressing up a baked potato (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/dressing-up-a-baked-potato-75538.html)

larry_stewart 10-22-2011 03:20 PM

Dressing up a baked potato

Whats everyones favorite way to dress up a boring baked potato ?

butter
sour cream and chives
Broccoli and cheddar cheese
chili

Aunt Bea 10-22-2011 06:44 PM

I use butter, salt, pepper and Marie's Blue Cheese dressing.:ohmy::pig::lol:

Caslon 10-22-2011 08:18 PM

My bro made a big baker last night with the fixins you mentioned, but he was pissed at himself because he forgot to buy some bacon bits at the store.

bakechef 10-22-2011 10:57 PM

Bacon, cheese, sour cream and butter!

My best friend likes chili. She worked in a food court restaurant called "One Potato Two" when she was in high school and that's how she came to like chili on her potato.

4meandthem 10-23-2011 12:01 AM

I like them well fluffed and well done with butter and salt. a little more when they are empty to polish off the skins.

Timothy 10-23-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Bea (Post 1061588)
I use butter, salt, pepper and Marie's Blue Cheese dressing.:ohmy::pig::lol:

Aunt Bea, you always have such neat ideas. In all my life, I've never tried Blue Cheese on a spud. I love spuds, I love Blue Cheese...just never thought to combine them.

I'm trying it! :chef:

jabbur 10-23-2011 01:31 PM

Is there a bad way to have a potato? Some days I'm in the mood for simple butter and seasoned salt. Sometimes add pepper. Sour cream, cheddar cheese, chili, bacon, broccoli, chives, garlic salt, ranch dressing all have found their way onto a spud in my house.

purple.alien.giraffe 10-23-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timothy

Aunt Bea, you always have such neat ideas. In all my life, I've never tried Blue Cheese on a spud. I love spuds, I love Blue Cheese...just never thought to combine them.

I'm trying it! :chef:

Blue cheese on a baked potato is fantastic. You can mash it into a little sour cream or just mash it right into the potato.

I love to drizzle a baked spud with browned garlic butter and sprinkle on some chives. A drizzle of bacon grease mixed into cream cheese and some fresh crumbled bacon is good. Shredded cheddar is pretty tastey on spuds, especially with a little sauteed celery and onion. Crumbled italian sausage, fresh basil and a little parmesian are good mashed into the potato too. I'm also a fan of just a little butter and salt with maybe either some chives or parsley.

babetoo 10-24-2011 12:02 AM

i like a couple of big spoonfuls of chili and then cheese on baked potato. makes a meal. nothing else is necessary, well maybe a green salad

Bolas De Fraile 10-24-2011 03:20 AM

I grew a type of spud just for baking this year. I subbed it for the biscuits in biscuits and gravy.:smile: