Muffins sticking to paper liners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
I made banana muffins and the paper liners stuck like glue to the muffins. Is there any way to prevent this?

A sales person at Bed Bath and Beyond suggested that I spray the paper liners with Pam before filling them with batter, but i'm having doubts that this will work. I'm open to any suggestions.

Pam/Pan Spray works fine with paper liners. Also, they make quilon coated liners that don't stick near as bad.

For greasing a muffin tin, pan spray, once again, works just fine.

When I make muffins with cupcake papers, the papers stick when the muffins are hot/warm. The next day there is no problem. Of course, this is not an answer to your problem if you want to eat the muffins warm.

Has anyone used silicone liners for muffins? I'm hesitant to try them because they seem high maintenance with having to wash them individually after every use.

Oh that's great. Is there any advantage to using silicone liners over just greasing the pan?

Easier to clean, the silicon ones eventually pay for themselves, easier to work with as there is NO greasing required. Also, you can use them for small quiches, frozen desserts, all sorts of stuff. . .

Cool! I'm looking forward to trying the silicone liners. They seem much easier to use than I thought!

Back
Top Bottom