Stuffed Vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
As requested in a dinner thread...

Stuffed Vegetables

2 Ea Portobello Mushrooms
6-8 Ea Button Mushrooms
4 Ea Zucchini
3 Ea Italian Peppers (cubanelles)
¼ C Olive Oil
1 Ea Onion, diced
3 Cl Garlic, minced
1 Lb Ground Pork
2½ Tb Turkish Seasoning
15 Oz Canned Tomato
1 C Shredded Cheddar
¼ C Grated Parmesan

Preheat the oven to 375º F.

Remove the stems and gills from the portobellos. Save the stems for the stuffing.
Chop the button mushrooms for the stuffing.

Cut three of the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and reserve them for the stuffing. Dice the fourth zucchini for the stuffing. Cut the peppers in half length-wise and clean out the interiors.

Place the prepared portobellos, zucchini and peppers on an oiled half-sheet pan and season with salt and pepper. Spray or brush with oil.

Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.

Add the onions and garlic and sauté.

Add the ground pork and brown. Drain off excess fat.

Add the seasonings and the mushroom and zucchini saved for the stuffing and simmer for several minutes until the zucchini is soft.

Add the canned tomatoes and break them up with a spoon or spatula. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, to cook off excess liquid (about 12-15 minutes).

Turn off the heat and mix in the cheddar cheese. Stuff the vegetables and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of the stuffing. Bake for 35-45 minutes.

There is also a middle eastern way. If your interested let me know

This sounds just delicious Andy and I can't wait to try it ........thank you!

Siegal, I'd love to see your version too!! Please make a new post and thanks in advance. By the way, welcome to Discuss Cooking.....we're glad you joined us.

Back
Top Bottom