Sunday 6th November 2011, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to bed too early, and here I am... lol.

I was thinking about breakfast for dinner, but Mark is going out for breakfast later on this morning. I'm sure he doesn't want eggs twice. I have to do some food shopping. It seems like I just bought a boat-load of food, but what I need is meat. All I have in the freezer is ground beef, chicken, sausage and bacon. I like to make different things and not have the same kind of meal twice in a week.

I think I might make a meatball-stuffing casserole, but that could change.

NFL week-9. My team is playing the Houston Texans, so for me today it is the state dish of Texas, chili con carne!

My bottom round roast I took out yesterday afternoon is still hard as a rock. So I guess pot roast is off. Maybe bacon, eggs, fried taters & onions and possibly a loaf of multi-grain or biscuits.

I'm doctoring up some leftover smoked ham and pinto bean soup with chipolte, hominy, tomatoes and leftover mustard greens. I'll probably make cornbread to go along side.

We'll eat out after church so supper will be light. I have some mesquite grilled chicken that I'll warm up and slice onto salads. If anyone wants more than that, there's leftovers from yesterday.

I chopped finely a package of very tender pork shoulder and am marinating in stewed tomatoes and taco seasoning.

Dinner will be 2 or 3 crispy tacos, leftover meat mixture will become chili tomorrow.

Ma's Sunday we will have puff pastry apps the pastry will be cut into circles baked til crisp then will be topped with some figs that were poached in pomagranite syrup then topped with some crumbled goat cheese and crispy prosciutto dinner will be pulled pork sandwiches, sauted Brussles sprouts with Pancetta, rice with chicken stock and sauteed mushrooms, pear and gorgonzola salad, ahh fall my tomatoes are done and I'm sad, oh well spring will come and we can start over. Back to dinner almost forgot the two pumpkin pies Cade asked for and whipped cream to top them.
kades

Last edited:
Barbecued glazed salmon, crusted baked sweet potatoes, ginger garlic string beans

frikadele soup. frikadeles are meatballs made with ground pork and beef, and milk-soaked bread crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder. these little meatballs, tossed (raw) into a boiling pot of water, together with vegs. on hand, (plus seasonings) deliver a surprisingly rich, meaty and hearty broth--a simple, but tasty and satisfying soup....:)

We ate a big meal early today before my son and his family left for home. We had ribs, sweet potato fries, peas, and whole wheat bread. Sure is quiet now that my grandsons are gone again...

Leftover meatloaf, maybe with mashed and gravy, corn or something green. Will counterbalance the Halloween candy for lunch.

So far, no dinner planned. Have been snacking on Boars Head Liverwurst, with a little Pommery Mustard and Spicy Pickled Onion on butter crackers.

We had scambled eggs with pan fried potatoes and onions in them and buttermilk blue can "whack um" biscuits. No pics

So far, no dinner planned. Have been snacking on Boars Head Liverwurst, with a little Pommery Mustard and Spicy Pickled Onion on butter crackers.
I ONLY like Mother Goose liverwurst - on a round roll with some raw onion. YUMMY

i am joining the breakfast for dinner group. i am thinking sausage and french toast and a over easy fried egg. glass of milk. several ice cream treats available for dessert. it is cold and rainy here today and for me that is comfort food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom