Hot wing sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjlane86

Assistant Cook
I've googled for a homemade hotwing sauce recipe but every one I found uses some premade sauce such as franks wing sauce or tobasco for flavor. I want a from scratch recipe...I know most are vinegar based but if somethings too vinegary it makes me sick. Any ideas on the proportions and proper ingredients? Thanks yall!!

The original Hot Wing Sauce was made with a pre-made hot sauce. Unless you want to make your own Tabasco Sauce/Crystal Hot Sauce from scratch...

One place I worked at, just mixed 1 part Franks with 1 part melted butter. We used to make it up in 100 oz cans before every shift. On wing nights they would sell thousands. It really cuts the acidity of the hot sauce. You could use any hot sauce of your liking. Certainly not the healthiest recipe, but pretty darned good.

A simple way to make wings we got from DC years ago. put wings in a big bowl and dress with evoo or even just veggie oil then cover with a lot of lemon pepper seasoning put on a tray with a rack and broil in middle of oven for 30 min then turm wings over do another 30 min and remove to platter and serve.
kadesma

One place I worked at, just mixed 1 part Franks with 1 part melted butter. We used to make it up in 100 oz cans before every shift. On wing nights they would sell thousands. It really cuts the acidity of the hot sauce. You could use any hot sauce of your liking. Certainly not the healthiest recipe, but pretty darned good.
That is the original Buffalo wing sauce recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom