Friday 11th November 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
So what are you all cooking tonight?

I'll be making my mushroom and rice one-pot. Love it. So simple yet so delicious.

Good morning Yorkie, now then.now then, now then, hows about this then guys and gals, tonight is Lancashire Hot Pot with caraway cabage and crab apple mint jelly, urgle gurgle, urgle. For pud and my bowel(the curry night played havoc with my colon) a big piece of parkin.

Clic on pic to make bigger img056.jpg

Good morning! Sounds yum, and made me hungry. Nice bike! I love motorbikes, big fan of the one and only Valentino Rossi in the MotoGP.

It's up in the air. Either burgers on the grill or a hash brown casserole with kielbasa and cheese.

Have leftovers here. I'll do something with the ham. Not sure what yet. Maybe cube it and add it to mac and cheese.

I have a serious craving for a baloney sandwich, but that might be lunch... first I need to get the baloney and check out my white bread supply. On second thought, ring baloney!

I made up a cheesy, egg noodle dish with ground sausage and had a bowl for lunch. For dinner I'll put it in a casserole dish with Panko topping and bake.

Everyone is home for dinner tonight! OMG! I need to contemplate dinner. I will have at least one extra mouth tonight, maybe two. I'm thinking I might do either a roast chicken, or a ham. I'll decide in a bit. I DO know that I am craving green beans, so those are on the menu. I suspect the salad will be a coleslaw as I have a cabbage to use up. I'll do that with a vinaigrette dressing. Carb...hmmm...tired of potatoes but the chicken requires that. The ham could have mac n cheese as a side though.

I have a cold so it will be grilled cheese which needs no taste testing to correct seasoning. And canned soup if they want it.

I think I'm going to go with something nice and basic tonight. A ham steak, fresh green beans with nothing but butter on them, and mashed potatoes with nothing but copious amounts of butter on them.

pacanis said:
I think I'm going to go with something nice and basic tonight. A ham steak, fresh green beans with nothing but butter on them, and mashed potatoes with nothing but copious amounts of butter on them.

So. What will be your key ingredient?

We're going out for Mexican!

pacanis said:
Are you hinting that I should warm the ham steak in butter? :chef:
Great idea!

I am vicariously hearing my arteries clogging. Paula Deen would approve!

Last edited:
Pizza night. Lots of meat for my meataterian husband. May need to put bell peppers on my half. :D

I made tuna salad for the family. They had it on kaiser rolls.

I made myself a grilled cheese - 1 thin slice velveeta, 1 thin slice american cheese, 1 thin slice muenster cheese and a sprinkle of fine shredded cheddar cheese. Melted butter in cast iron pan then sandwich browned nicely on first side then lefted and more butter added then sandwich turned and browned nicely on the other side.

Ours will be a somewhat Bavarian inspired dinner. I have braised red cabbage simmering away on the stove. Garney yams seasoned with salt, pepper, granulated garlic and grated nutmeg in the oven. Sauteed, and finished in the oven, pork chops will be the protein. I'm thinking a bit of reduced apple cider, finished with a pat of butter, in the skillet to make a tasty sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom