Canadian Red Spring Wholemeal Flour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
For twenty years I have never changed the flours I use, for some reason I bought the Red Spring on Saturday. This is the best strong wholemeal I have worked with.The taste and texture is fantastic a true epiphany.

Has anyone tried this product:yum:

I have never seen that at the store. I use something called "hard spring wheat". It's organic and whole grain.

When you write "strong wholemeal", is that hard flour? Or does it mean something else?

I have never seen that at the store. I use something called "hard spring wheat". It's organic and whole grain.

When you write "strong wholemeal", is that hard flour? Or does it mean something else?
Tax wholemeal is what we call wheat flour that has nothing removed.
This Red Spring is hard spring planted wheat from three area's in Canada, the one I bought is for bread and pasta.
I am going to Waitrose this morning to see if the sell a strong white version to make Lepinja.:yum:

Tax wholemeal is what we call wheat flour that has nothing removed.
This Red Spring is hard spring planted wheat from three area's in Canada, the one I bought is for bread and pasta.
I am going to Waitrose this morning to see if the sell a strong white version to make Lepinja.:yum:

Does the "strong" part refer to the fact that it is whole grain or is that what we call "hard" on the left side of the pond? We call high gluten flour "hard" and low flour "soft".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom