Just Joined!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Toni

Assistant Cook
:cat:Hi All:

I have never joined a forum before so this is all new to me. I really enjoy cooking and am always on the look out for new recipes. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing. My birthday is July 27, but the year is my secret!

Well hello, Big Toni! Welcome to DC! We all have secret birthdays!

Last edited:
welcome toni.

don't be scared off by the 2 mug shots in the posts before this one. they may look like they should be pinned near the top of a corkboard in an fbi office, but they're really nice guys. :cool:

do you know what happens when you cross a mafioso with a lawyer?

he makes you an offer you can't understand...: ;)

Hi Toni;

Believe it or not, we mostly talk food around here. There are a few who crack the occasional joke (that would be most of us). But we all share a wonderful comraderie, and love for good food, and good freinds. We look forward to your freindship and your best recipes.

Here's a welcome gift for ya; G.W.'s World Famous Pancakes recipe:

Ingredients: Dry Ingrediants:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbs. Sugar
½ tsp. Salt
3 tsp. Double Acting Baking Powder (You must use Double Acting Baking Powder to get the best texture)

Wet Ingrediants:
3/4 plus 1/8 cup milk
1 large Egg
3 tbs. Cooking oil

Preheat the griddle. Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir together with a wire whisk or mixing spoon. Add the remaining ingredients and again stir until mixed. Do not stir until all the lumps are gone as this will over mix the batter. There should be small lumps. These will disappear while cooking the pancakes.
Cook over medium heat until the bubbles close slowly as they rise and pop. Do not cook until the bubbles stay open as this will dry out the pancake. And most importantly, Don’t squish them down with your cake turner or spatula. When they are ready to flip, turn them over and cook for about 1 minute more. Remove from the pan and serve immediately. If you must cook up enough for a bunch of people, keep them warm by stacking in a large-rectangular cake pan and placing the pan into a 120' oven covered with a clean kitchen towel.
You can add blueberries to the uncooked batter without changing anything else. However, if you add acidic fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, or pineapple, you will need to add ½ tsp. Baking soda to the batter to balance the acid from the fruit.
The above recipe makes enough pancakes for two people. You can easily enlarge the recipe by simply multiplying the ingredients by the same number. That is, if you double the flour, multiply all other ingredients by two.

Oh, and G.W. North used to be my user name.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Welcome to DC! You've found us at a perfect time--we're ramping up to share our holiday recipes (which probably will be followed by our diet recipes in January!).

Welcome to DC. As you can see, there are some strange characters here, but they are all lovable and harmless. And they are full of good information they are just waiting to share wih you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom