Whatcha cooking Friday, Nov 18th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
if i get up early today i'll be making veal and peppers. i browned the veal cubes and shoulder chops yesterday, so now i just have to brown some garlic and onions, add a coupla cans of tomatoes and a few dried herbs, let it cook for a while then add the peppers and basil ice cubes.

if i really get motivated, i'm going to defrost the salty ham we had a few weeks ago and make split pea soup in the crock pot while the veal and peppers simmer on the stove.

we have a scout meeting tonight, so i'll have to be up by 2pm to get this done.

what are you planning to cook today, friday the 18th of november.

Some kind of fish. Maybe blackened salmon, maybe crablegs, maybe both.

Today, I'll be cooking up my recipe for Smouldering Chicken Thighs, a meatier take on Buffalo wings with my own, secret, marinating sauce that permeates the chicken thighs before they go on the charcoal. Yum.
Today is pot-luck day at work. A co-worker is bringing his Webber Kettle, and I'm doing the cooking.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Cooking my tomato soup right now, so then everyone can choose whether to eat tomato soup or the leftover batch of mushroom soup tonight. Yes I'm in a soup mood :)

I was going to make stuffed pork chops, but the DH has advised me that his truck is on the fritz and he probably won't be out to the farm tonight. If he can make it, I'll throw together a one-dish pasta dish using shrimp, warmed tomato sauce, capers, and a few other goodies. If he doesn't make it, I might resort to a bowl of buttered popcorn! Already had my eggs for the day, so can't have eggs again.

The turkey was thawed just enough to wrestle the neck out of the cavity, and I already had cut up the loaf of bread for stuffing, so it's turkey dinner tonight.

I've got the giblets simmering so I can use some of the broth for the stuffing, and save the giblets and the rest of the broth for giblet gravy. (Thanks for the idea, Vitauta!)

I guess I could go ahead and start the turkey, but I've never cooked it without it being stuffed. I'm in no particular hurry.

salmon patties, all mixed up ready to go. salmon, lemon juice, egg, pepper , garlic powder, and paprika. used panko lemon pepper crumbs to bind it. corn on the cob. maybe a small salad. vanilla streaked with fudge for dessert.

I don't have a clue! We're having friends for dinner tomorrow and SO is planning on baking a carrot cake tonight when she gets home. I will be doing some more prep work. Dinner will be whatever.

I decided on the blackened salmon. I'll also fix some sesame green beans. I've got a little leftover rice in the fridge from last night, so I'll hit that with a little green tobasco and warm that up. That should do it.

Back to our little supper club despite the disappointment last time (large party ahead of us, had to wait too long).

70's salad bar, always fun. Beef barley soup, not as good as last time. Bacon cheese soup, awesome. We were able to split the all you can eat walleye dinner, as we don't do justice to all you can eat, and we're regular customers. Overall, a decent meal!

Back
Top Bottom