Chicken Chronicles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the feeling you lay the best eggs on the continent. When I was a little girl on the farm, I used to feed our chickens. I came really good as imitating their sound. I would gently coo when I was approaching them so they wouldn't get nervous and run inside their coop while I filled their feed trough. Someday I hope to let you hear my coo-coo. I can even make a sound like their is danger coming. :angel:

I have the feeling you lay the best eggs on the continent. When I was a little girl on the farm, I used to feed our chickens. I came really good as imitating their sound. I would gently coo when I was approaching them so they wouldn't get nervous and run inside their coop while I filled their feed trough. Someday I hope to let you hear my coo-coo. I can even make a sound like their is danger coming. :angel:
Dear Addie, I do lay the BEST eggs, although I don't lay many now that I'm older. But, when I do deem to gift the Big Chicken with one of my eggs, I always make sure it is a double-yolker. I'd like to hear your coo-coo. The Big Chicken is tone deaf. She might be good with human languages, but her chickenspeak accent and intonation grate on the ear.

Love,

Myrtle

Miss Jezzabel and Red(s)on are please to announce the hatch of two baby chicks on September 16th. Momma and babies are doing well. Miss Jezzabel is very proud that she finally got the knack down for how to turn the eggs and keep them warm.

Congratulations to the new mothers. What does one give to them for a gift. A bag of special feed? Give them my love and tell them a good job done. :angel:

I got pushed into the bowl of milk yesterday. I left milk footprints behind on the deck. I don't think soaking in milk does much for my complexion and it makes my feathers stick together.

Love,
Myrtle

I got pushed into the bowl of milk yesterday. I left milk footprints behind on the deck. I don't think soaking in milk does much for my complexion and it makes my feathers stick together.

Love,
Myrtle

Oh, no! :ohmy: I hope Big Chicken doesn't have some nefarious plans regarding your future, Myrtle.

The only nefarious plans are I would like Myrtle to put on her flight suit and be a therapy chicken. No stockpot in her future.

Well that is good news! But I will still be rooting for the therapy chicken. Any chance of her making the trip to see Grandma Big Chicken? :angel:

i FINALLY got to read the chicken chronicles.

great stuff. thanks c dubya.

i keep picturing rocky as a foghorn leghorn type.
and the girls are straight out of "the music man":
pick a little, talk a little, pick a little, talk a little,
pick pick pick, talk a lot, pick a little more.

:)

i FINALLY got to read the chicken chronicles.

great stuff. thanks c dubya.

i keep picturing rocky as a foghorn leghorn type.
and the girls are straight out of "the music man":
pick a little, talk a little, pick a little, talk a little,
pick pick pick, talk a lot, pick a little more.

:)

Gotta love those girls. :angel:

Myrtle, perched on the Big Chicken's shoulder:

"That email is addressed to ME!"
"No, Myrtle, it is not addressed to you. See--they want to know if your eggs can be used for this recipe."
"That means it is addressed to ME!"
"Myrtle, I have to collect the eggs and prepare them."
"But you can't collect them if I don't lay them."
"Hmmmmm...I'm guessing in this case, you're right--the chicken comes before the egg. Okay, you win."
Mrytle preening herself before she replies:"

"Can I have some cheese, please?"

Light fades to black as Myrtle has once again displayed her uncanny ability to outsmart the Big Chicken.

Last edited:
And you didn't know that already? Mrytle will always outsmart you Big Chicken! She is my best friend and tells me every thing. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom