Looking for Cast Iron Cookware source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbinator

Assistant Cook
I need to find a contact for the House of Webster cast iron electric cooking pots. Orgin on pots list Rogers, AR. I have 2 pieces I need a cord for. Any leads appreciated. I'm new to forum and it looked very promising. Thanks

That thing was c. 1940's, and the only educated guess I can find is that it might have been made by Lodge. But don't expect Lodge to know anything today.

I tried to find a photograph, so I could see the style of receptacle it has, but I can't find one. But, many vintage power cords can be found used, particularly on eBay. You see, a while back, someone did an instructional video on how buying up old cord from junk shops and yard sales and reselling them on eBay was a good way to make some money. Also, on some web sites:
Electrical cord sets for small vintage appliances

I suspect you can find one, unless it was a unique cord with the temperature controlled built into the cord. First, take a look on eBay:
vintage appliance cord | eBay

That's to get an idea what sort are out there and what you have to know to find a fit. See if some of them look right. Ask the seller for detailed measurements, and see if it sounds like a fit. The good news is that there was a fairly limited range in use. It was pointless for a maker to design something themselves when there were plenty available to use.

Looking for cast iron cookware source

Thanks-GLC! Your quick reply really excites me about this forum! Not being an EBay person, I'll seek a friends help. Local Fix-it shops are an option mentioned by a friend but noy yet explored. What happened was my Mom died in 1999 and we got a lot of cast iron from her home (1830s LA Plantation home started by her husband's family that long ago! The two pots I pulled out for a Chili Cook Off were electric one a Bean Pot and the other a deep skillet, both with 3 legs @ rubber leg caps, had no cords! I dug through a drawer full of old cords and none fit-the prong spacing is too wide on the pots! So-they are treasure hunts or scrap iron. I had no clue they might be that old! My wife spends a lot of free time in an antique shop near us and I'll put her on the hunt too. Thanks again-Bubbinator

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom