Did you watch the LIVE food network Thanksgiving Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
Did anyone watch the LIVE food network Thanksgiving show that Alton Brown hosted? They took live questions via facebook, skype, phone, email etc. etc. It was on for 2 hours. I couldn't watch it at the time, but I taped it. It was pretty good. I ended up making Rachel Ray's Ceasar Deviled eggs and I followed someone's recommendation for keeping a pot of warm/hot broth on one of your burners to help moisten things if need be like stuffing etc.
I wanted to try the sweet potatoe dish that one of the chefs made, but figured I didn't want to add another dish the menu I already had.

Anyone else pick up any tips for the show? Anyone watch it? Did you enjoy it?

Was it actually live? I had it on on Wed., it repeated. Did not see TV on Thurs., as we were with the rels. I thought the advice was good.

heads should roll in the control room for when it was broadcast. at times, the audio was ahead of the video, at times it was later. whomever the technical director and audio guy were should be fired.

heads should roll in the control room for when it was broadcast. at times, the audio was ahead of the video, at times it was later. whomever the technical director and audio guy were should be fired.

It could have been your cable provider, or other factors.

lol, sorry. i won't complain after this.

it's extremely difficult to delay embedded audio downstream. that kind of lip synch error had to be at the head end.

it's extremely difficult to delay embedded audio downstream. that kind of lip synch error had to be at the head end.

100% correct, the cable providers only push what the networks are pushing out.

That being said, I just can't get into these FN type of shows. . .maybe it's Rachel ray, or Bobby Flay, but I just don't get into the Seasonal McChef tv specials. I LOVE ALTON! but the "special" made me cringe. Sorry.:mellow:

I've had to hard-reset a cable box on many occasions because the audio was not synced with the video.

But I am not going to debate this on a cooking website lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom