Saturday 11/26/2011 What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to grill a couple of lobster tails and a big ribeye... or maybe I'll cut the steak in half... either way, surf and turf. I'm also going to make a mushroom gratin casserole and roast some (new to me) little potatoes in duck fat with a sprinkle of herbs de provence.
That's the plan anyway.

Turkey dinner with all the fixins. Have to make more stuffing to round it all out. Also will need the stuffing for the Thanksgiving Almost Shepherd's Pie I'll be making with stuffing in place of the mashed.

SIL sent us home with plenty of leftovers. Baked a casserole with layers of turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce, poked holes in it and poured gravy over all. Turned out good.

It was too blustery and damp and windy to grill. And I am a wuss. I baked a bone in turkey breast at my Ex's so we would have leftovers. Used the gravy BIL sent home TG day. Made more gravy with the drippings. Yeah !! Mashed taters and casserole dressing. I roasted some brussels sprouts she had and I cooked some cranberry sauce in the a.m. to go along with. Now, there will be Turkey sandwiches tomorrow. And with extra gravy, I'm thinking hot turkey sandwiche first.

The turkey cooked all the way up to 176F when I pulled it from the oven. It was still moist.

T-giving leftovers last for several days in my house. Last night was turkey sandwiches and the butternut squash bisque. Tonight was sliced turkey with stuffing gravy and the jardiniere vegetables. Tomorrow? perhaps pasta putanesca (leftover olives etc from the hors d'oeuvre platter! Won't know till we get there! :)

I had this cooking today. :ermm:
1.jpg
More on that tomorrow ;)

And my surf and turf and stuff.
Surf & Turf.jpg

More turkey leftovers, what else. I was still in the process of making turkey soup and used ... well, blah-blah-blah. I made a turkey and vegetables and poured it over leftover dinner rolls. Then a neighbor came by with a Moroccan turkey pie. So lots of good food. BUT ... ready for a non-turnkey dinner sometimes soon!.

msmofet said:
What the heck is that?

The surf N turf looks good.

I agree with the surf n turf, it does look good! Not so sure about the mattress stuffing. Or is it an ungroomed cockapoo?

I will have to try that soup, MM!

Last edited:
I made salmon with an espresso/lime/brown sugar sauce with whole wheat couscous and steamed vegetables.

that looks neat, mofet. pretty soup.

i'm still full from dinner, but i still would eat at pacs tonight if offered the chance. i love me a surf-n-turf.

we went to the devils game today (it's amazing how good french fries taste when made in a giant fryer full of fresh oil), then we went out to a little italian place that has a good 4 course prix fixe dinner. the portions are a bit small, umm, actually what a normal person would or should eat, but you get spoiled being supersized all the time. you end up walking out stuffed nonetheless.

we started with appys: mozzarella en carozzo, eggplant rolatini, and snails fra diavolo.

next up were salads in a garlic lemon dressing.

entrees were shrimp marinara over linguini, veal picatta with roasted potatoes and veggies, and veal pizzaola with pasta.

finally, we had chocolate cake, carrot cake, ice cream, and coffee for dessert.

everything was delicious, and you can't beat all of that food for $50.

Scrambled eggs, potatoes, and BBQ sauce. Peeled and cubed the raw potatoes, rinsed off starch, boiled to almost fork-tender, finished in cast iron skillet with butter and a clove of garlic. Scrambled some eggs in with the potatoes and topped with cheddar. Poured on some good home made BBQ sauce. It was good but I think it was missing something. Maybe next time I'll just make salsa instead of BBQ sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom