Saturday 3rd Dec 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
What you cooking tonight then?

I'm cooking turkey in a smoked paprika sauce, served with a salad, although I think my mum wants me to do her a jacket potato to accompany hers.
Starting to cook it soon. YUM!

Chicken breasts with my homemade mushroom soup and some yogurt in the CP. Cooking up some wild rice of questionable vintage to add later (or not, depends on if it's still edible).

Wide egg noodles, covered with sauted sliced mushrooms green onions,garlic,Marsala,some butter to smooth the sauce at the end we will add some thin sliced steak. a green salad, rolls, that's it have to prep apork loin for tomorrow.Have cream puffs for tomorrow to bake.:)
kades

It's SO's birthday today. Dinner is shrimp cocktail, filet mignon, Bearnaise sauce, asparagus and wine.

Andy M. said:
It's SO's birthday today. Dinner is shrimp cocktail, filet mignon, Bearnaise sauce, asparagus and wine.

We're bringing a bus to your house. Hope you don't mind.

Happy birthday, SO of Andy! Hope you're enjoying your new commode!

Wow! Your Birthdays are close together! Wish your SO a Happy Birthday from me. Your dinner sounds great!

We are going to a surprise Birthday party for my BFF tonight and it is a pot luck appetizer meal. I am taking sesame chicken wings and some of my whipped shortbread. I don't know what else will be served, but I know all the guests so it will be an awesome spread!

How nifty your birthdays are so close together, Andy.
Your birthday dinner you are fixing her sounds great!

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention the sautéed mushrooms and shallots with thyme.

My B'day is the 1st and SO's is the 3rd - different years. My ex's B'day is the 2nd. We don't celebrate that one.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I forgot to mention the sautéed mushrooms and shallots with thyme.

My B'day is the 1st and SO's is the 3rd - different years. My ex's B'day is the 2nd. We don't celebrate that one.

Who's on first? I don't know's on third! Hey Abbott!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:

Meat lasagna and garlic bread

img_1079336_0_934e445dab9621c8a91be00a0c84bc1f.jpg

happy birthday to s.o. of m! dinner sounds great.

lol about not celebrating in between.

mofet, delicipus looking as usual.

we went to the animal shelter to see if there was a cat there for us to adopt today. we found a big, young male that we were just starting to consider when he pinned another cat in a fight, coming away with a big mouthful of fur from the other cat.

oh well, the search will continue.

so, i'm picking up japanese tonight. chicken teryaki dinner for the boy, a sashimi bento box for dw, sushi combo for me with extra salmon skin and eel temaki for me. :pig:

Homemade chicken noodle soup. I have to say I'd probably be better off with Campbell's Chunky, cost-wise, since I'm only cooking for one. But it does taste good!

Last edited:
msmofet said:
Meat lasagna and garlic bread

MsM, I keep trying to click to make your pic bigger, but it's not working, so am using my magnifying glass.

Looks delicious!

happy birthday to s.o. of m! dinner sounds great.

lol about not celebrating in between.

mofet, delicipus looking as usual.

we went to the animal shelter to see if there was a cat there for us to adopt today. we found a big, young male that we were just starting to consider when he pinned another cat in a fight, coming away with a big mouthful of fur from the other cat.

oh well, the search will continue.

so, i'm picking up japanese tonight. chicken teryaki dinner for the boy, a sashimi bento box for dw, sushi combo for me with extra salmon skin and eel temaki for me. :pig:

MsM, I keep trying to click to make your pic bigger, but it's not working, so am using my magnifying glass.

Looks delicious!
Thank you bucky and DL

I grabbed that box o shrimp I spoke of the other day, but there's no way of thawing just some at a time from it. I can't even peel the bag off because it's frozen into the block. And I had decided on grilled shrimp enchiladas, too.
So I have wings ready to go, but am not really in a wing mood.
The tastebud search goes on. I have the wings to fall back on.

Back
Top Bottom