Favorite Peppermint Holiday Desserts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristin DeMatti

Assistant Cook
What are your favorite holiday desserts with peppermint? Here is my favorite:

Peppermint Brownies

1 package Ghiradelli Chocolate Brownie Mix
Eggs — however many it says on the box
Oil — however much it says on the box
Peppermint Schnapps — replace half the water it calls for with Peppermint Schnapps
2 oz mint chocolate chips or chunks, melted (Trader Joe’s has good mint dark chocolate chips)
2 (approx) Tbsp milk, half & half, or cream

1/2 cup Candy Canes pieces (smashed into little bits)

Prepare brownies according to package directions, only sub Peppermint Schnapps for 1/2 the water. (To make without alcohol, just add 1 tsp peppermint extract and do everything else the package instructions say). Grease a baking pan, pour in batter, and bake for 1/2 the baking time.
Meanwhile, melt mint chocolate with 1-2 Tbsp milk in microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between. Every 20 seconds, add a little more milk, half & half, or cream if necessary, and gently stir in until smooth. Chocolate should become a sauce consistency: runny enough so you can pour it, but still thick like hot fudge. After the brownies have baked for 1/2 the time, pull them out, drizzle the chocolate sauce over them, then sprinkle them with the candy cane shavings. Return to oven for the remaining bake time. (They may take a bit longer to cook, so put them in for more time if necessary but check often so they don’t overcook).

Not really a dessert, but almost: Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps!

IMO, peppermint should not be included in any dessert, especially with chocolate. That combo I just don't see the appeal.

Peppermint Patty

After dinner a shot of creme de cacao and a shot of white creme de menthe, with a splash of cream, on the rocks.

... "I get the sensation that I'm standing on a mountain top, with the wind blowing through my hair!" :yum::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom