Dinner Dec 5th! Post it here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
or else! :LOL:

I'll be grilling some chicken wings tonight. I picked up some oranges over the weekend so I can make the glaze I used on that roasted duck a while back. I might grill up some potato wedges, also.

First experiment with chicken tonight. Not using a recipe for the first time. Well, I'm cheating as attempting to adapt one, but that's good for me!
Will post what happens!

I have a chicken (not one of my hens) soaking in a quart of buttermilk with fresh rosemary, sage and some other herbs. I'm roasting that tonight with some fresh potatoes, and a side of beans (from the garden, frozen) tossed with olive oil and some tumeric.

Cool (about 50F) and rainy here. Been raining since yesterday and, so far, we've received 4 inches of rain since 4 p.m. yesterday and more is expected today.

Thought in view of the weather, I'll put a ham in to bake, have a side of sweet potatoes with caramel topping, some cornbread dressing, along with green beans (frozen from this season's garden), iced tea and top it all off with apple-spice cake with cream cheese icing.

That should fill the hole and cheer things up.

Aside from Katie's delicious ham, it looks like so far it is chicken night at DC.

My friend in the meat department flagged me down the other day saying she had some organic chickens on special and knew I would be interested. They were frozen (came from the east coast), which is unusual for organic birds, but the special thing of these is they were raised on ginseng! Ginseng for me is very calming and promotes good health so I think it should be good for the chickens too!

I don't want to do something too fancy as I want to see if it tastes or cooks any differently. I will probably just roast it with some salt and pepper and spray the skin with oil (not Pam, my own mister) to make it crispy. Sides are up for grabs, depending on whether I get to the Produce Market during my busy day today.

Now the big question is, will I be able to eat poultry....that one seems to change day by day (beef and pork are still definite no's). :wacko:

I'm trying a new recipe I picked up some time ago online somewhere. Oven Glazed Caribbean Chicken. It calls for a rice dish for a side.

I think I'm doing this casserole dish I used years ago when the boys were still at home. Pac, I will take a picture and elaborate on the recipe providing I don't change my mind about the menu before dinner time. Hey.....it's early here. :LOL:

or else! :LOL:

I'll be grilling some chicken wings tonight. I picked up some oranges over the weekend so I can make the glaze I used on that roasted duck a while back. I might grill up some potato wedges, also.
OR WHAT? Woof! LOL

Lunch was an omelette again – Onion, mushroom and cheese omelette and a side of vine tomato with basil chiffonade, sea salt, ground peppercorns and a drizzle of olive oil.

img_1079920_0_3b7e92035b24a0d8c9ef061febec3066.jpg

OR WHAT? Woof! LOL

Lunch was an omelette again – Onion, mushroom and cheese omelette and a side of vine tomato with basil chiffonade, sea salt, ground peppercorns and a drizzle of olive oil.
Oh, Ms M! As usual that looks sooooo yummy!

Just found out DH got called into his other job tonight so the chicken will wait until tomorrow. I will now just play it by ear to see what Dad and I want when we get back from our little trip.

Last edited:
Oh, Ms M! As usual that looks sooooo yummy!

Just found out DH got called into his other job tonight so the chicken will wait until tomorrow. I will now just play it by ear to see what Dad and I want when we get back from our little trip.
Thank you LP

Lasagna for me too. I've got some taco meat mixture left-over. I'll just add some spaghetti sauce to that and start layering.

i have beautiful hot house tomato. i'm thinking blt on jewish rye. green bean crisps, or chips on the side. ice cream for dessert.

turkey carcass in pot for turkey soup. will finish it up tomorrow, with onions, carrots, and celery. it is very chilly here and that will be just dandy.

I just realized that I have some taco meat left from last week.
I think I'll make a taco or two with it to go along with my wings.

Back
Top Bottom