The No Hockey League

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronjohn55

Head Chef
It's over!
Finally!
Good Riddance!

Pitchers and Catchers report tomorrow! :mrgreen:

John

Oh yea Baseball Season is about to be in full swing on this end.........Oldest son's High School Team starts in March and they'll play till May and then he goes directly into Post 210 Season and then after that ends directly into the College Season............Plus middle son is playing also on Pony League (13-14 yrs old). So needless to say I have 10 months of baseball coming my way. Good thing I love it ;)

DampCharcoal said:
Reminds me, I gotta see what the Reds have going for them this year.

Well, I think the over under for Griffey Jr getting hurt is currently at about 85 games.... ;)

Darn shame, actually. Always liked him, seems like a heck of a ballplayer when he's healthy.

John

That's generous! :LOL: Jr. is a great player and a stand up guy but he's got more freakin' physical problems! I think he's already at camp, I'm hoping for the best.

i am so depressed. the greedy bastards, both sides. i am boycotting all nhl merchandise and suggest everyone does the same. no team jerseys or caps, pucks, banners, or anything else for a good long while. and i'm not buying tickets to any games, if they ever start again, for at lleast a half season. i do hope they come back, but lose so much of their audience that everyone has to take massive paycuts, and the owners lose more money for the next 5 years. it'll be rough, and we may lose some teams, but eventually it will be played by people and owned by people that are there for the love of the game, not money.

buckytom said:
i am so depressed. the greedy bastards, both sides. i am boycotting all nhl merchandise and suggest everyone does the same. no team jerseys or caps, pucks, banners, or anything else for a good long while. and i'm not buying tickets to any games, if they ever start again, for at lleast a half season. i do hope they come back, but lose so much of their audience that everyone has to take massive paycuts, and the owners lose more money for the next 5 years. it'll be rough, and we may lose some teams, but eventually it will be played by people and owned by people that are there for the love of the game, not money.

Actually, bucky, that's the same reasoning why I don't support ANY professional sports. Baseball and Basketball have both striked, now Hockey. Most of those players make more money in one game than I'm going to make all year, and they probably make more money in one year than I'm going to see in my lifetime. If they want to go on strike, fine, but I won't support them at all!

I know, I know, I'm one of those odd nuts. I was actually in a bit of a mood on Superbowl Sunday, as there wasn't anything good on TV; everything was focused on the game. I had pounded all of my usual websites, so nothing new was being posted. I couldn't get out and do any of my other hobbies. The only good thing was that I got to spend some quality time with my kids.

One thing that really burns me about the whole situation is that after years of rallys (which I'm proud to say I was part of) Columbus finally gets a team. A few years later, *poof* no more hockey. The newly built Arena District is a ghost town and I can't root agains the Wings this year! :x I have no doubt in mind that there will be a season next year. I just wonder if tickets for the nose-bleeds will stil be 60 bucks. :evil:

I just heard that the owners and players are meeting right now to save the rest of the season which would be 28 games and that a salary cap has been agreed to. I hope they do! I watched OSU and MSU last night on Fox Sports Network and I realized that I really do miss hockey.

I love Hockey and am a coach but nobody is worth 45 miilion bucks except the huy standing next to Osama Bin Ladin.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom