Sunday December 11th. What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I was describing my tamale meatloaf in the meatloaf thread, and decided I had everything.

Man that tamale meatloaf sounded so good, I mixed up a batch with the creamed corn and bacon cornbread, and the stewed tomatoes were "chili ready" (Walmart), so I had to leave the juices.

I like to start with the tomatoes and mix the taco seasonings in so you don't get clumps in the meat. Since I wanted to keep the tomato liquid this time, I diced up the cornbread and put them in next. They soaked up the chili juices nicely. I put it in my loaf pan and put it in the fridge to marinate all day and will cook it for dinner tonight.

What are you cooking ?:chef:

We had friends with the two young kids for an early lunch. I made mac/cheese, sliders, hot dogs, sausage rolls, french fries.Not a proper veg in site.
Pud was cornflake tart and birds custard.:)

Change of plan as I forgot to get the chicken out to defrost. Doh! So it will be spicy chicken stew tomorrow, tonight we will have a veg chilli.

I'm going to grill a couple hot venison sausages. I'll split one and serve it between two slices of Italian bread "po-boy" style and the other one I'll either slice and eat with crackers and cheese, or eat it as is with a little ketchup. Tangy cole slaw on the side.

Lamb chops are reclining in a nice teriyaki bath and will be warmed to perfection in a hot grill pan later. Sides will be couscous prepared with chicken broth and some chopped green onions, then baked sweet potatoes, the last of the cornmeal yeast rolls and dessert.....big question mark. I'd better get on the stick and make something.

There's nothing under the dessert dome on the kitchen counter. It'll be a slim week dessert-wise if it remains empty. Right now I'm kinda thinkin' pie of some sort. There are plenty of frozen black berries in the freezer and a frozen pie crust that needs to be used. I need the freezer space. Yep, blackberry pie. Ain't rationalization a beautiful thing?!:angel:

We are having Jamaican Curry Chicken over rice, fresh green beans, and biscuits.

I'm making spaghetti tonight. And mixing some frozen, chopped spinach into the tomato sauce to sneak some veggies into my son's diet (without him knowing). Garlic toast.

I am going to make beef stew with homemade biscuits. Have all the veggies cut up and ready to go. But have to take the time to sit down and rest. Part of my "Stop being so stubborn" resolution. Patriots are playing to day, so it will be ready after the game. And I will have one happy son. :chef:

My smoked turkey soup, and some blue cheese dip with crackers for lunch. Later, spaghetti may rear its tentacles!

Freezer Food- Chili
I found some Prime Rib bones in the bottom of the freezer that fared well in its long incarceration. I only had to remove a few "dry" spots. So I am making my own Beef Broth for the Garlic Studded Rolled Rump Roast I had planned today. Since that is put off until tomorrow, I just made a small batch of Pickled Beets and I have French Bread Dough rising in the oven. Since I am on a roll I am going to prep the roast today too.:yum:

We had pot roast and veggie soup (old picture, same taste)

Ms. Mofet's Pot Roast Vegetable Barley Soup

img_1082665_0_e06f7edc519fca68914b5effe1f0b569.jpg

was planning a chicken stir-fry. however didn't eat breakfast/lunch til 2pm. don't think i will be all that hungry . so maybe a b l t is in order. tomatoes rapidly going south, so need to use them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom