What's Cooking At your House Saturday December 17th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I looked carefully and didn't see a meal thread started yet so thought I would.

I am doing something with a pork tenderloin but am really not sure what yet. I want to cook it whole as I have made medallions a few times lately. I need to keep seasonings down for Dad who can't take much spice, though I can cut a piece off for him and do it differently.

How about your house? What's on the menu?

Turkey bolognese for us. Mum and her hubby having it over pasta. I'm just having some salad with mine. Not much of an appetite. Need to save room for the cider ;)

I'm thinking spaghetti, with the roasted cherry toms I froze.

Last edited:
I have a concert tonight so we're having a late lunch and then snacks for supper. Lunch is sausage, eggs and cheese all cooked together served on a flour tortilla with sour cream, cheese and picante sauce.

An Italian sausage, fennel and potato baked dish with lots of garlic. Just thought I'd give it a whirl and see how it comes out.

Craig

CraigC said:
An Italian sausage, fennel and potato baked dish with lots of garlic. Just thought I'd give it a whirl and see how it comes out.

Craig

Mmmmm! That sounds yummy Craig!

I am going to do something with ball tip steaks, maybe Beef Bourguignon ??? Not sure yet, but better get started soon ;-)

I'm going to grill a couple venison sausages and serve one up poboy style. I'll fry up some alligator nuggets and boudin balls to go along.

I'm making stock with caramelized onions, turkey drumsticks and wings, putting the meat back in and roasting the bones, which will also be put back in the stock.

Dinner will be a hamburger smothered in caramelized onions.

I ate at a chinese place in between Christmas shopping. I had beef and scallops over rice. It was very good. And I ate way too much. :pig:

It will probably be take out for us tonight as I've spent much of the day getting ready for a family brunch for ten tomorrow morning. I've made a breakfast casserole with maple sausage all ready for the oven, a yummy Christmas fruit salad with fresh cranberries and other stuff, ginger cookies, assorted sweet breads, egg nog, Mimosa's and little smokies in a blanket.

Just heading out the door to play a Christmas party gig, so I did up a quick Shrimp Prima Vera....Have a good night everybody...!!!!.

Attachments

• DSC00154.jpg
    DSC00154.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
This was our dinner.. leftover soup and tuna sandwiches.

img_1084885_0_fc6597f0c213f09193a1b7b99f719c50.jpg

Pan Fried Haddock, Stewed Tomatoes, Scolloped Potatoes and a Big Salad.:chef:
View attachment 12633

View attachment 12634

Looks and sounds good, patty! I haven't had haddock in a long time. I love it pan-fried, but I prefer it broiled with alittle lemon, butter and Old Bay seasoning. I miss the fish-fries I used to get in NY. That was some good haddock!

Your salad looks good.. what were all the ingredients? It's kind of hard to see.

Just heading out the door to play a Christmas party gig, so I did up a quick Shrimp Prima Vera....Have a good night everybody...!!!!.
Wow, You have a lot of ambition to make a dinner like that and head out to play most of the night! I would just like to snuggle in front of the tv or the fireplace. I hope your night went well. Your dinner sure did!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom