What are your goals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I don't mean new year's resolutions, per se, but what do you want to accomplish this year or maybe in the next five years?

I have very simple ones. Most importantly I want to train one problem out of my doggie. I'd like to drink a little less. I want to learn something new (bought a book on philosophy). I feel I'm doing pretty good on the exercise front for my age. I want to stop thinking my friends are going to reciprocate when I entertain, and simply enjoy the company, since I like cooking.

My main goal is to make a couple of new friends.

For me the hardest part of getting older is making new friends and losing old friends.

As Kim Williams from Missoula Montana used to say. You have to get out and sell yourself like you were a cabbage. Nobody really needs a cabbage until they understand what a cabbage is. That is tough for me.

The second goal and much simpler one is to weed out all of the old people accumulation of paperwork and get all of my "affairs" in order so that when the time comes I can fly through the express checkout without much if any inconvenience to my family and friends. I hate waiting in line. :LOL:

The second goal and much simpler one is to weed out all of the old people accumulation of paperwork and get all of my "affairs" in order so that when the time comes I can fly through the express checkout without much if any inconvenience to my family and friends. I hate waiting in line. :LOL:

Well said, Aunt Bee. :) Just this week I returned paperwork to the bank for designating a beneficiary for my bank accounts (such as they are), so, as the nice young man at the bank told me, all my son has to do is go to the bank with identification and withdraw whatever's there, if I haven't spent it on some wild party.

I need to simply my life and increase quality time I spend with my family and friends. I need to first weed out the tons of material things I've accumulated over the years which are no longer useful to me. That alone will take years.

umm, i was only joking.

ok, joking 'cause i'm 3000 miles away.

my goal for this year is twofold.

buy a new, bigger single family home for my family (we live throughout a small 2 family home now which is somewhat dysfunctional), and survive whatever cutback or departmental change is coming in my job.

both are very difficult, somewhat scary propositions.

umm, i was only joking.

ok, joking 'cause i'm 3000 miles away.

my goal for this year is twofold.

buy a new, bigger single family home for my family (we live throughout a small 2 family home now which is somewhat dysfunctional), and survive whatever cutback or departmental change is coming in my job.

both are very difficult, somewhat scary propositions.

I knew you were just kidding...:)

Speaking of a new family home we'd like to down size now that our kids have moved on with their lives. It's been several years since they've moved out. But the house doesn't seem empty because we've got a lot of stuff in it now which has to go.

For me, after my birthday (1st January) I am going back to the job I quit. I quit because of a personal experience, plus an a** of a manager. Now there is a new manager, I loved the other people I worked with, and there's hardly any work out there. I know I need to get off my butt and work to help my mum out. So, I said to myself., the only way I will go back is if I make something of myself this year.
I looked back on the past year and realised I did nothing. Merely existed. Worked, slept, cooked, drank cider, that's it! So...
Next year, I will save at least £100-£200 every month, and I'm going to take me and my Mum to San Francisco. I've always wanted to go, got a friend there, always said I'm going to go, and never did. Had plane tickets at one point, paid for and everything, and yet my mums husband prevented us from going. This year, no one is stopping us.
I have written a list of things I want to do in my life. I will accomplish them. I am going back to an ok job, and I mean ok at best, but it's all I've got at the moment, so I need to make the best of a bad situation. And I will. 2012, turn 20 on the 1st of January, and it's going to be my year I promise.

For me, after my birthday (1st January) I am going back to the job I quit. I quit because of a personal experience, plus an a** of a manager. Now there is a new manager, I loved the other people I worked with, and there's hardly any work out there. I know I need to get off my butt and work to help my mum out. So, I said to myself., the only way I will go back is if I make something of myself this year.
I looked back on the past year and realised I did nothing. Merely existed. Worked, slept, cooked, drank cider, that's it! So...
Next year, I will save at least £100-£200 every month, and I'm going to take me and my Mum to San Francisco. I've always wanted to go, got a friend there, always said I'm going to go, and never did. Had plane tickets at one point, paid for and everything, and yet my mums husband prevented us from going. This year, no one is stopping us.
I have written a list of things I want to do in my life. I will accomplish them. I am going back to an ok job, and I mean ok at best, but it's all I've got at the moment, so I need to make the best of a bad situation. And I will. 2012, turn 20 on the 1st of January, and it's going to be my year I promise.

Go get 'em, Tiger!

Like others, I am busy cleaning out the things we don't need, don't use. Our spacious, for two, apartment is a clutterbox. Time to get rid of so much, but it will be a tough job.

Like others, I am busy cleaning out the things we don't need, don't use. Our spacious, for two, apartment is a clutterbox. Time to get rid of so much, but it will be a tough job.

The apartment purging is a constant battle for me. I have found that it helps if I break it down into small but realistic steps. I am currently getting rid of 12 books each week.

It is also helpful to me if I have someone to give the things to or someplace to donate them.

I think people that have children are lucky in this situation. They can dump all of the neat junk on the kids and then go visit it from time to time. :LOL:

I have so much stuff to pare down, it's overwhelming. I need to put on a blindfold and just start pitching.

How exactly does one go about that?
When I moved from one house into this one I had a dumpster full of stuff I threw away. I thought I did good.
As I was relocating and moving in I said to myself that I could use this room for this, this room for this... but ten years later the boxes still sit in those rooms :wacko: And they've multiplied! :shock:
I'm not saying that I'm a hoarder, but I never throw anything away unless I absolutely have to.

hope to finish the down sizing , i started this year.

I need to downsize myself. All my pants have gotten way too tight.

How exactly does one go about that?
When I moved from one house into this one I had a dumpster full of stuff I threw away. I thought I did good.
As I was relocating and moving in I said to myself that I could use this room for this, this room for this... but ten years later the boxes still sit in those rooms :wacko: And they've multiplied! :shock:
I'm not saying that I'm a hoarder, but I never throw anything away unless I absolutely have to.

I need to downsize myself. All my pants have gotten way too tight.

I'm a collector and I don't do dusting very well. Between my teapots, books and ceramic figurines and Shrek's guitars, books and eclectic odds and ends, we have a storage unit to keep the overflow. We can't even decide what we are going to put into storage, let alone toss or donate. I just have to get ruthless.

Back
Top Bottom