how do you like to unwind & relax?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i love to get lost in cooking most of all, i think. making homemade pasta and complex dishes is so relaxing. i figure that's because it occupies most of your conscious thought and other thoughts and worries kind of get pushed aside for awhile. i think a lot about all kinds of things big and small and that can get pretty exhausting. but cooking is such a nice reprieve from all of that, if only for an hour or so.
i also love to take bubble baths in really hot water. foot soaks are nice, too. i have one of those bubbling foot tubs, lol. it's awesome.
putting on one of my favorite pairs of jeans and my favorite shirt of the day is calming. i'm not sure why, but it is.
so is listening to my fan and the whirring noise my feeding tube pump makes when i'm trying to fall asleep. i like the heartbeat sound on my sound machine, but that got unplugged to free up an outlet for the feeding tube machine. i used to switch between the heartbeat sound and a stream sound, but then i was afraid the sound of the stream would keep waking me up to go pee, lol. i like to leave a light on, usually a dim lamp. this helps me unwind and fall asleep.
tucking in with a good book has the same relaxing effect on me as cooking. right now i'm reading 'the secret life of bees'.
and then there is the old classic, alcohol. nothing like a 6-pack and some pretzels or a bottle of wine to help you relax. ;)

Depends on my mood really. Sometimes I just like to go off by myself and linger in thrift stores, antique shops. Or to jump in the car and go for long country rides.........I can't wait for spring so I can have the windows down. Also, taking my time and creating a new dish......I love the chopping and dicing aspect of it or when you have to mix ingredients with your hands.

Cooking is definitely a way I unwind. Some of my other favorites are floating in my pool and listening to music.

Warm baths...
Sitting by the fire or out in the sunshine, I love it when my
hair feels hot.
Candle light
laying my head on Paul's lap while he's watching tv.
A good book... ( I just got done with the Secret life of Bee's. GREAT BOOK)

kitchenelf said:
ronjohn55 said:
Beer, vodka, wine....

:mrgreen:

John

How many minutes between unwind and out cold?? ;)

That all depends on how unwound I'm looking to get!! (or if I grab the wrong bottle!)

Usually just comfotably numb....

John

lol - Between your wine collection and mine we could probably get pretty relaxed - along with a few other people :LOL:

kitchenelf said:
lol - Between your wine collection and mine we could probably get pretty relaxed - along with a few other people :LOL:

jumping up and down waving both arms....Pick Me Please! I could use some serious relaxing today!

I wanna come too!!!!! Pretty please with sugar on it & a cherry on top?

To unwind I cook also, but a few other things I like to do are read, take a long hot bubble bath, eat a pint of Godive chocolate cheesecake ice cream, or if it's a nice day, just sit outside & listen to nature.

ummmm,i'd kind of like to come, too. i'll slip you a $50 if that'll help. :D

To unwind I...

Read a good book.
Cuddle with my pup, or DH
Sit on the beach and thank the Lord for the beauty that surrounds me
And last but not least, visit with you guys

Oh I forgot, I just got hooked with those darn Korean Soap operas :roll:

Ok, lets see here....

about 2600 site members...

There's roughly four glasses to a bottle of wine...

Carry the 4, divided by the people drinking beer, plus the square root of people doing shots of liquor...

Yep, I'll have enough!

Luv's can you swing by and grab some pizzas on your way with that $50??? ;)

John

Back
Top Bottom