Brand New Deep Fryer....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
I just bought the Presto Digital Deep Fryer:

Presto-Professional-Digital-Deep-Fryer.jpg

I'm looking forwad to using it. Don't feel like unpacking it this evening. Tomorrow I might just give it a work out.

Nice purchase. Whacha gonna make first?

Chicken wings?
French Fries?
Fritters?

Hey! Now you don't have to eat all your sushi raw!

I don't have one and that's a very nice looking one Timothy. Whatcha gonna cook first?

Do you have any green tomatos? I have a few I could toss you.

I've only eaten fried green tomatoes one time at my BIL's home. I'm not sure how he cooked them, but they were so vinagary that I thought they were nasty. Never tried them again. Is that how they are supposed to taste?

Nice purchase. Whacha gonna make first?

Chicken wings?
French Fries?
Fritters?

Hey! Now you don't have to eat all your sushi raw!

Man, that's a hard question. I have whole lists of foods to try in it. I think tempura veggies of some sort will be the first try. I love tempura.

Just had fried chicken last night. I think I'll go with the veggies first. then shrimp or scallops or both.

Fritters are a side for everything here. I'll have those with whatever the first main dish is.

Got a bluetooth headphone adapter also, but it has to charge for 8 hours. I got it for the TV. If it works for that, then the neighbors will love it.

Last edited:
Andy's right, they must have been dressed with vinegar Timothy. Too bad you have a bad memory of them. Actually, I've never made them myself but my southern mama sure did and they were quite delicious.

Andy's right, they must have been dressed with vinegar Timothy. Too bad you have a bad memory of them. Actually, I've never made them myself but my southern mama sure did and they were quite delicious.
Well dog-goneit, I'm going to have to try them again after being tutored on exactly how to prepare them.

Just finished reading the owners manual cover to cover. pretty cool device! Now I can fix all the stuff I love, but didnt' want to use an open pan on the range for.

I really like the magnetic power cord. It holds the two power pins to the unit. One small whack and it disconnects. Very good design. Tomorrow, I"m cooking SOMETHING in this thing!

Is there anything they can be compared to in terms of taste? Quite literally, the only thing I tasted the first time was vinagar. True, what a shame.

Is there anything they can be compared to in terms of taste? Quite literally, the only thing I tasted the first time was vinagar. True, what a shame.

You know, it's been so long since I've eaten them that I don't remember. Mama's been gone over 20 years now. I really do have a few green tomatoes left on one of my tomato plants so I'm going to cook them tomorrow and let you know, Timothy! ;)

You know, it's been so long since I've eaten them that I don't remember. Mama's been gone over 20 years now. I really do have a few green tomatoes left on one of my tomato plants so I'm going to cook them tomorrow and let you know, Timothy! ;)
I knew I could count on you, Kayelle! I'll have to look at a couple markets for some here.

I went ahead and unpaced it, set it up, and read the manual. I'm ready now. Just need some oil, and something to cook in it other than fritters.

Timothy said:
I went ahead and unpaced it, set it up, and read the manual. I'm ready now. Just need some oil, and something to cook in it other than fritters.

Wonder how it was when it was paced.

Maybe try some olives or grapes, fully dried and rolled in cream cheese, nuts and crumbs. I recently gave a friend a Costco cookbook, and she raved about the goat cheese/cream cheese/ grapes rolled in nuts, which she served at a big party.

With a new toy like that, I would be looking at everything as a candidate for deep frying! Watch out, Dinky!

Wonder how it was when it was paced.

Maybe try some olives or grapes, fully dried and rolled in cream cheese, nuts and crumbs. I recently gave a friend a Costco cookbook, and she raved about the goat cheese/cream cheese/ grapes rolled in nuts, which she served at a big party.

With a new toy like that, I would be looking at everything as a candidate for deep frying! Watch out, Dinky!

Ha! When I threaten Dinky with my utmost threat, I get out the Chinese Cookbooks. Many of them refer to: "Or use any white meat you prefer". Dinky is on to me! He sees those books come out and he runs for the hills! I think my eyebrows give me away!
:evil::chef: :devilish:Evil Cook looks at Kitty!

(I gotta get out more):wacko:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom