What's for dinner Boxing Day 2011?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
Something light after last nights Pork Tenderloin stuffed with garlic and rosemary, plus all the extras.

I'm baking haddock, and serving with parsley sauce and a salad, plus my mum and her hubby are having chips as well.

I'm having pan seared duck breast, rice pilaf and butternut squash. All to be washed down with a glass or two of Old Vine Red Zinfandel.

Leftovers here too.. I made a sandwich with some of the leftover fried haddock.

Reading everyone's posts I'm assuming this must be the daily dinner thread and Boxing Day is today... whatever that is... I didn't look at a calendar today to even know. Maybe that's why there wasn't any mail today.

I'm grilling some chicken wings. Probably going hot tonight.

I don't have any leftovers as I didn't eat at home last night. I did walk out with the turkey carcass so I have broth simmering now.
Tonight's meal is Italian(bought by mistake) Panko Crusted Chicken Breast, Lemon Peppered Green Beans and Orzo Salad.

View attachment 12685

Last edited:
Wow. That's the first time my eyes have watered eating wings in a long time.
Life is good.

I cooked down some ox tail pieces the other day with shallots, garlic, peppercorns, thyme, rosemary and water to make beef stock. Today, I made soup with the stock and left over prime rib from yesterday. All that we had left of the roast was the ribs and one slice of meat. Just enough to make some really good soup. I'll make garlic bread to go with it.

I made some ABTs using mild Italian sausage and cream cheese with smoked paprika. Of course there were jalapenos and bacon. I made them in the convection toaster oven. That worked well. Now I have no energy for any further cooking and DH is ill too, so we will scrounge for the rest of supper.

Breakfast was so good this morning, that I had it again for dinner:

Fried beef tenderloin slices (still rare when done) and a couple of over easy eggs.

I made a french dip sandwich with leftover roast beef and melted provolone and canned beef broth, added some smashed garlic to it, what can I say. It still wasn't homemade. I was saving a sliver of pie from yesterday, but apparently I sweet talked myself into eating it mid afternoon. I stayed awake for Monday Night Football, the 1st time all year. Lots of practice falling asleep at about half time every week. heheh.

I made mark hot dogs and fries. For myself, I made a pizza with lots of cheese, sliced tomato and spinach. I will post pics later of the pizza. Right now, I'm too tired, but I can't sleep.

Back
Top Bottom