Drunken Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
1 pound dry pinto beans, soaked overnight, rinsed
2 bottles Mexican Beer, your choice
1 large yellow onion, diced
10 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
4 jalapenos, seeded and fine diced
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Salt to taste

In large sauce pan, add beans, beer and water to cover, bring to boil, cover and simmer 1 hour.

Stir in onions, garlic, jalapenos and chili powder, add more water if needed, it should be a bit soupy. Cover and simmer until beans are tender. Mash one cup of the beans and stir back in. Salt to taste, stir in the cilantro.

Serve hot and use your favorite Mexican toppings, like more chilies, cheese, sour cream, dices tomatoes, black olives, tortilla chips, etc.

this looks fantastic! thanks, fee.

i think when i make it i'll call this drunken princess baked beans. :chef:
(i'm assuming shrek never saw the other 4 mexican cervezas)

Salt to taste

In large sauce pan, add beans, beer and water to cover, bring to boil, cover and simmer 1 hour.

Stir in onions, garlic, jalapenos and chili powder, add more water if needed, it should be a bit soupy. Cover and simmer until beans are tender. Mash one cup of the beans and stir back in. Salt to taste, stir in the cilantro.

Serve hot and use your favorite Mexican toppings, like more chilies, cheese, sour cream, dices tomatoes, black olives, tortilla chips, etc.

Different! but sounds good.

Salt to taste

Sounds wonderful and definitely something Glenn would enjoy!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom