The dinner thread, Thursday, Dec. 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
we have a cub scout bowl-a-thon to go to today, then if there's time i promised to take my boy down to the local street rink to learn to skate and play hockey.

so, after a full day we're having garlic and herb boursin juicy lucys, fries, and a spinach salad.

what are you cooking today?

Due I suppose to the economy Marks and Spencer opened on Boxing day for the first time. The chill cabinets were full of half price goodies.
We got 2 free range bronze turkey's and loads of other meat and fish for the freezer.
Tonight roast turkey breast, roast pots, sprouts, gravy and bread sauce. Pud mince pie and brandy sauce.:yum:

Bolas De Fraile said:
Due I suppose to the economy Marks and Spencer opened on Boxing day for the first time. The chill cabinets were full of half price goodies.
We got 2 free range bronze turkey's and loads of other meat and fish for the freezer.
Tonight roast turkey breast, roast pots, sprouts, gravy and bread sauce. Pud mince pie and brandy sauce.:yum:

Am I invited Bolas? :-D sounds great!
Not sure what we're having yet...

It is cold and snowy here so I borrowed a bone from the neighbors dog and made some ham soup with butter beans.

I need to get the bone back before he wakes up! :LOL:

No xmas food, i'm done. Will probably make some over the top spicy noodles for my meal this evening

I have a 3.3 lb turkey breast that will be seasoned with whole sage leaves and butter under the skin, s/p on the skin and into the oven to roast. Will be served with some roasted garnet yams and veg tbd. Perhaps a simple saute of bell pepper, corn and carrot. I'll heat up some leftover gravy to serve with the yams and turkey.

My younger daughter is coming this morning so we can make cheese turnovers like my mom used to make. That'll be our dinner as well with some egg and lemon soup.

I just browned a nice big bone-in piece of pork and put it in the crock-pot with chopped onions, garlic and sliced fresh mushrooms, along with some herbs. Have some russet potatoes I'll do something with and will cook up some creamed spinach for another side. Christmas cookies, of course, for dessert.

Andy - Have fun in the kitchen with your daughter. There's nothing better.

It's cold today, but at least the sun is out.

I have a few returns this morning and then to Trader Joe's for a few things. My kids love TJ's mandarin chicken, so that served over jasmine rice and some veggies will be our dinner tonight.

Enjoy the day :chef:

We've had slices of home cooked ham, a fresh tomato, potato wedges done in goose fat and a fried egg.

A friend just phoned that he and his sweetie are at the nearby mall, shopping. So, we will probably meet up for supper. Probably Scarolies Pasta Emporium. Good Italian food.

change of plans for us. we had so much fun bowling with the scouts tgat we stayed afterwards a bowled a coupla more games.

when we got home i got called into work, so dinner is takeout from a local steak joint. a cheeboigah and fries for the boy, grilled chicken over greek salad for dw, and grilled pork chops and mashed for me.

Toasty Dogs with Cheese. Does the Bun Count ever match the # of dogs in a package? Well, it's an easy feast. Cole Slaw with celery seeds in a sweet sour vinegar sauce. Home made chocolate Pudding.

I cleaned house today, I mean really cleaned, not just surface. Found out I am having brunch for some out of towners on Saturday a.m. I guess I will do an egg dish and some fruit and fruit juice and DxW will bring some carrot cake muffins. Want to be just on the edge of hospitable so they go away before NY eve. No, that's not selfish or negative. I have better plans. ;)

Burgers here too- with a fried egg on each and cole slaw on the side.

Put that burger and egg on rice and cover with a little beef gravy and you've got a nice loco moco.

Spaghetti here. I've got some rope sausage thawing and will come up with some kind of sauce. All I really have is onion and garlic, but that will work. I'm always meaning to pick up some canned shrooms for times like these when I avoid the stores.

a big salad is the choice for tonight. romaine, artichoke hearts and thinly sliced ham. a little sprinkle of sliced almonds. oh and a hard boiled egg grated on top. have a nice asian diet dressing for the top.

Back
Top Bottom