The English Pork Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See? Now that's a lot of why I check in here. I was vaguely aware that there was something called a "pork pie" in the world and that it was some flavor of "English," but I never really looked into it. And when I first look at some, it was kind of like, "Oh, well. Just looks like chopped pork in pastry," a sort of Spam pie. But I saw from the Wikipedia article Pork pie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that it is made in infinity variety, and I found the Pork Pie Appreciation Society site with a link to this:
Blogjam presents: A tribute to the Pork Pie Appreciation Society
That last one is a lively slideshow with a recipe scrolling across the bottom. The scrolling recipe demonstrates the complexity and depth of ingredients.

So obviously it isn't something I've made, but I will.

(And while I knew the "pork pie hat" was named after a food, I didn't really know why, until I looked at some picture of pies. All is clear now.)

Attachments

• gene2.jpg
    gene2.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 246

There is a 'pub' in Vermont that serves British and Scottish foods. The owners are from Scotland. If it weren't so far away, I would have him take me there again and again. I orders 'bangers and potatoes'. The three of us were tasting from each others plate.

It's too bad my first husband isn't still alive. He would be ordering from that site on a daiy basis. He often talked of his childhood foods. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom