What's Cooking Saturday December 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I didn't see an actual thread for today so...

I'm cooking an oyster stew for tonight, as well as New England Boiled Dinner for tomorrow (or maybe a monster Reuben).

What's cooking at your place today? Nibbles, dinner, party or just staying at home?

I am going to a cover dish gathering. I am taking Mac-N-Cheese. It was requested.

sloppy joes with tater-tots

coming back to add.... I don't have all the ingredients I thought I did for the sloppy joes. So, I'm going to make chili. Sloppy Joes might be on the menu for Monday.

Last edited:
Finally feeling well enough to cook. Provided that chicken that sitting in cold water defrosts in time, it will be chicken cacciatore. I'm not sure if I want to serve that with whole grain wheat pasta or brown basmati rice. I'll probably make a very simple, green salad with a garlic vinaigrette as the vegi part of the meal.

I am turning the leftovers from last night's dinner, that single rib roast I reverse seared and ridiculously put the whole thing on a plate...

big steak dinner.jpg

...into a cheese steak sandwich on French bread. Not sure yet if I'm going to use provolone or the whiz.

I just threw a pork rib roast on the grill. Will also serve corn on the cob and salad.

img_1089919_0_afe63e8bc1b14d947d2b6392265a88a0.jpg

Last edited:
We had a repeat of the Christmas eve menu. Cheese, crackers, summer sausage, crab, shrimp, etc.

Shake n bake chicken legs, rice and a big green salad. Cheesecake and chocolate tart for dessert. I'm STUFFED.

I posted this elsewhere, but:

Crostini with a creamy, buttery cheese topped with cranberry-walnut compote' or pecan-apple compote'

Steamed lobster w/drawn butter and a corn niblet

Petite filets of beef seared on each side in browned butter with twice-baked potato

Salad

Italian cake with bananas and butter-rum sauce

Served in courses. :yum:

Beautiful!! Power Plant Op. Great drooly pictures, as usual. Where are you now, and where to next?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom