Hi from sunny So. California!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lil Ms Sueshine

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone! My name is Susanne and I'm from sunny San Diego, CA. I found DC while looking for a discussion groups with real people who have the same love for food as I do. Unfortunately, the family cooking gene skipped right over me so I'm always looking to learn new and easy recipes/techniques.

Luckily, the baking gods looked down on me fondly and baking is the one thing I CAN do. I've become my large Filipino family's official baker. Cruel joke on me is that I'm a type 2 diabetic and I've had to learn how to tweak some of my favorite desserts into things that I can eat and enjoy. Logging those recipes and taking pictures of my cakes/cakepops/cookies/etc eventually evolved into my blog, Lil Ms Sueshine. I'll be blogging for a year come March.

Okay enough of my babbling. I'm excited to have joined this forum. I'm especially excited that this site has a section for diabetic cooking! Look forward to chatting with everyone about yummy food! :yum:

Welcome Susanne! I envy you living in So.California, it's my dream to live there, specifically San Francisco!
Anyway I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do, and that's an awful lot!

Hello and welcome. Go to Nutrition/Special Diets for help in your Diabetes endeavors. Meanwhile, can you make Filipino specialties. I can't even remember what the egg rolls are called, it's been so long since I had them. Please go to Ethnic and post any old family recipes!

Hey neighbor, welcome. I'm also in San Diego. Gorgeous weather we have had of late. Hope you are having a great new year so far.
Looking forward to your fantastic baked dishes.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Kezlehan - I've always wanted to go the UK and I had the opportunity to visit London last October. VERY different from California!
Dawgluver - Is that your beagle? I have a beagle too. Eponine is 7 but still acts like a puppy.
Claire - The Filipino eggrolls are called lumpia...always a popular dish! They take a long time to make but are gone so fast. I'll definitely be exploring some of my family's old recipes this year.
Hammster - 70s and 80s this week in SD...who needs winter anyways, right? :)

Welcome to DC! You will find a lot of people with the same challenge you have and people who want to share! Enjoy! I want to be in CA--it is frigging cold in Ontario right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom