Dinner for Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i have about 3 3/4 pounds of ground beef/veal/pork to use up, so i'm trying to think of what to make.

i bought it to make meatballs for a holiday party that never materialized. it's in one of those containers that have a gas injected into them that allows for a longer shelf life, but it's about to go bad so i need to get something made.

i may just make the meatballs in sauce and freeze them to bring to my parents, or i was thinking since i have bacon and cheese, i might try my first fatty (fattie?).

how long do you smoke a fatty? i also have some trout and sausage that i can smoke along with it if i'm going to bother with the smoker. it all depends on when i get up.

so, what is everyone cooking today?

I let the burger cool off in the skillet last night... right into this morning :(
So all I know is it won't be tacos with the leftover burger I made last night. Maybe I'll grill some wings.

I smoke mine to about 160F, Bucky.

Fatties are a great idea but usually made with breakfast sausage. You could make the meatballs and freeze them or make a meatloaf or two. Stuffing for bell peppers is another thought.

i have about 3 3/4 pounds of ground beef/veal/pork to use up, so i'm trying to think of what to make.

i bought it to make meatballs for a holiday party that never materialized. it's in one of those containers that have a gas injected into them that allows for a longer shelf life, but it's about to go bad so i need to get something made.

i may just make the meatballs in sauce and freeze them to bring to my parents, or i was thinking since i have bacon and cheese, i might try my first fatty (fattie?).

how long do you smoke a fatty? i also have some trout and sausage that i can smoke along with it if i'm going to bother with the smoker. it all depends on when i get up.

so, what is everyone cooking today?

I'd probably toss the ground meats together for Swedish meatballs, bake them in the oven, cool them, and freeze them for another time.

With 3-1/2 pounds, I'd make meatloaf and meatballs, then freeze one for later.

I feel like a homemade heart warming soup and thick bread. Can I be bothered to make it? No!

I'd make meatballs, freeze 'em. Make a nice meat sauce and freeze, then do a little fatty with some lovely bacon. With 3+ pounds you can do at least three meals or two "company" meals.

Geez, just about forgot to post that I don't have to make dinner tonight. I'm going over to my MILs for dinner. Not sure what she's making, but I'm sure it will be lovely.

Making a smoked paprika sauce, with some onions and mushrooms, and planning on adding some quorn pieces to it. Serving with a salad. Trying the chicken style quorn tonight. Hope it tastes ok!

I think I'm making a skillet dinner with hash browns, kielbasa, onions, mushrooms, cheeses and some frozen veggies.

thanks for the help and ideas, everyone. i just got up and have to read a book to help out with a book report tonight, so any smoking will have to wait.

According to the menu I made last Friday, I'm either going to make baked pork chops, baked salmon with a smoky aioli sauce, or spaghetti that I have frozen. It all depends on what time I get home, but I'm thinking it will be the salmon.

Tuna noodle casserole! Got me going, after reading the What I Won't Eat thread.

Making a beef stew, and I think its probably the best one I've made yet. Bread rolls will accompany it.

Bourbon.........
Chicken Fricassee with Corn Meal Dumplings.......
Steamed Cabbage......
Sweet Potatoes...'
Chocolate Ice Cream...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom