Want a fluffier pizza crust.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raidencmc

Assistant Cook
4 1/2 cups (20.25 ounces) unbleached high-gluten, bread, or all-purpose flour, chilled
1 3/4 (.44 ounce) teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon (.11 ounce) instant yeast
1/4 cup (2 ounces) olive oil (optional)
1 3/4 cups (14 ounces) water, ice cold (40°F)

These are the ingredients for a recipe I have used a couple of times. Pretty much mix it together and let it rise overnight in the fridge and pull it out a few hours before you want to use it. I like it alot quick, easy, and stretches well. My biggest gripe is the crust is not fluffing up enough. How can I get it to puff up a bit. It has air bubbles in the crust but I guess I am looking for more air bubbles?

If you let the pizza rest for 15 or 20 minutes before you bake it the dough will rise and have a more bread like texture. I would also leave out the oil for a more bread like texture. If you are talking about large blister like bubbles then I think you need a quick burst of high heat right when the pizza goes in the oven, 500 degrees.

Yeah. Bread gets at least three rises - as rough dough, after formed but before baking, and in the oven. The "air bubbles" would happen even without yeast. You want the fine texture of bread in risen dough. You can prevent the large bubbles by perforating the dough before baking. Pizza makers have a roller with spikes to do it. Many of then that don't roll their own dough take delivery in foil and let it warm and rise and perforated it before making.

Back
Top Bottom